Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Floating... picking up draws

Villain is SLAG. Not a lot of respect for his game. I'm playing with floating. Just not sure where the best place to make the move. The question is... if I'm going to float... do I raise the turn here? Call as played? Or fold. Every answer felt like it had merit.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $20.50
BB: $85.00
UTG: $62.95
MP: $79.00
Hero (CO): $48.75
BTN: $43.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $2.00</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $1.50, BTN calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $4.50</font>, Hero calls $4.50, BTN calls $4.50

Turn: ($20.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $10.00</font>, Hero calls $10.00, BTN calls $10.00

River: ($50.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $32.25
Old 06-19-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Floating... picking up draws

Don't like the float on the flop with BTN behind you.
On the turn, don't think you have odds to call with FD+1p+gutshot, and again, nervous with BTN behind you. That said, you can probably find a call because of implied odds.
River is fine, sucks if BTN was also drawing, but you're good here more often than not.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:36 AM

I would probably fold on the flop. Is that too tight? It's bottom pair and there's a guy to still act behind.

I like how you played the rest of the hand. I don't really think we make him fold a K with a raise on the turn and I wouldn't want to rsik being check-raised off.

Plus let him keep the lead and he may fire the river when you hit a club or an 8.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

On the turn, don't think you have odds to call with FD+1p+gutshot, and again, nervous with BTN behind you. That said, you can probably find a call because of implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You only need 3 to 1 with 12 outs by my math. How is calling this turn getting 3 to 1 with a flush draw, a gutshot, and a pair especially when we still have a good amount of money behind not completely standard?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:50 AM

Didn't run the numbers before posting, but will point out that although we have 17 outs on a good day (clubs, 6s, 7s, 8s) we have no idea how many of them are tainted (clubs give us a baby flush, 6s put a 4 straight on the board, 7s complete a OESD, 8s are probably good all around).

And with BTN to act behind us, we don't know if the $10 call will be enough to see the river (turn completes the low OESD and puts an obvious draw on the board which may spur BTN into aggression if he has a hand).

After looking more closely at the outs, I agree with you that this is a call based on our odds, but it's risky to focus on pot odds when we're not closing the action because we're not guaranteed to see the next card.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:56 AM

I agree that I wasn't focusing enough on the guy after me. I do sometimes make the mistake of focusing on the player whom I'm targeting and not paying attention to the other players in the hand.

Re: other outs... If someone has a better flush draw then so be it. What I like about my flush draw is, if it hits, its easier to get paid off because its backdoor.

I actually considered raising the turn to see if I could buy the pot but decided that the player was too loose and not thoughtful enough to fold a pair. But I thought the implied odds were probably good enough to call. If BTN raised... then I'd have had a real decision.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:04 AM

The more I look at the hand, the more I think it was played fine (except for floating the flop, because it's not HU).