Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Cheating at Bellagio Poker Room

I think you should work for poker stars support team eh? how can you be so sure they were cheating? your evidence is slim and no solid proof. If Bellagio wants to catch cheating, pretty sure they will go check on the tapes, hence, that's no your business. Maybe they just like to play pot against each other? oh, everytime i go to Vegas, I always sit next to my friend and we almost always play pot against each other. Therefore, there are a lot of raise and reraise to isolate other players so we could HU against each other (and yea, with some other ppl's money in it cuz we just isolated them). Am I cheating? you wanna report me?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Again, I'm not saying these two aren't cheating, but I don't see any evidence of it whatsoever in what you've posted here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you are right, unfortunately there isn't a lot of convincing evidence that can be gathered from one player.

So in this thread we've established that it is very very hard for a player to prove cheating, even in blatant cases, that the rooms don't care, we know that the dealers sure as hell don't care, and we've also established that any discussion of cheating is more likely to draw sarcastic comments and doubts than anything at all productive.

In fact the only thing that happens when you allege cheating, as far as I can see, is that you help the cheaters adapt to you.

I think I see why poker was dying before it got a temporary reprieve from TV.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:47 PM

Did the Bellagio bar you for something and this is your way of "getting back"?

So these two were "regulars". And in all this time, nobody caught on to their "routine" except OP? Oh, I forgot. The staff are corrupt too. That's the point of the post. Not that you "caught" two colluders, but that everybody should avoid the Bellagio.

I don't buy what you are selling.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:07 PM

All -

I know Sue and her boyfriend in a hello-goodbye kind of way (if its who i think it is - very short asian girl, around 28-30, cute/thin, often looks angry, and her name is Sue. Boyfriend wears dark sunglasses, I think he has red hair). This isn't the first time they have been accused of collusion. I wondered if thats what I was experiencing the second time I played with them in a 15/30 game but I eventually realized they just play hard, and each other harder.

Does it look like collusion when they play? Yes. Do they need to collude? No, they are both better than average players. Is it possible? Yes... but it might be implicit rather than their intended goal.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So these two were "regulars". And in all this time, nobody caught on to their "routine" except OP? Oh, I forgot. The staff are corrupt too. That's the point of the post. Not that you "caught" two colluders, but that everybody should avoid the Bellagio.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just attacked the OP because you don't like his conclusions? I guess I'm not buying what you're selling.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:40 PM

I'm not sure isolating an opponent 1 against 2 is +EV anyway.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:41 PM

Holding his cards like he's ready to fold or putting a chip on his cards when he intends on staying in the hand pretty much makes him like a LOT of other players who give away their intentions in advance.
This only counts as giving his hand away to the entire table...not as collusion.

The other stuff I don't know but it seems very possible they just play aggressively. Not enough evidence there.
But the physical-tell "evidence" is just weird.
When he's about to fold he looks like he's going to fold. When he's about to play he puts a chip on his cards and reaches for his chips.
I really can't believe I read that somehow this is supposed to mean he is colluding.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Holding his cards like he's ready to fold or putting a chip on his cards when he intends on staying in the hand pretty much makes him like a LOT of other players who give away their intentions in advance.
This only counts as giving his hand away to the entire table...not as collusion.

The other stuff I don't know but it seems very possible they just play aggressively. Not enough evidence there.
But the physical-tell "evidence" is just weird.
When he's about to fold he looks like he's going to fold. When he's about to play he puts a chip on his cards and reaches for his chips.
I really can't believe I read that somehow this is supposed to mean he is colluding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. And the fact that his accomplice is acting after him makes these "signals" completely useless to her, but makes them quite useful for the OP or anyone else acting before Tommy. Sound like tells to me, not signals in a collusion scheme. If what the OP describes is cheating, these two are the worst cheaters of all time.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You just attacked the OP because you don't like his conclusions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically he "attacked" his conclusion. And yeah, that's pretty much what you're supposed to do when someone's conclusion doesn't measure up with the presented facts.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:57 PM

Is this Crazy Mike's gimmick account?