Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Street by street vs TerrorOfSweden, EPT Barcelona (Hand w/ masters

[ QUOTE ]
hey guys,

for those saying 'small bet to induce a shove', the pot has 8500-ish in it and we have about 8K behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah. so bet 2k.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:29 PM

Seems unlikely that another bet is going to get put in here as a bluff or valuebet. I like a lead for 2.6-3k on river because hes obviously playing rediculously loose and you might as well give him another chance to.

Also does this guy like to iso raise limpers preflop? Would limpraising work well?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems unlikely that another bet is going to get put in here as a bluff. I like a lead for 2.6-3k on river.

Also does this guy like to iso raise limpers preflop? Would limpraising work well?

[/ QUOTE ]

2.6 to 3k seems like the worst river option to me mario

if you LRR'ed, would it be for value or as a bluff?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seems unlikely that another bet is going to get put in here as a bluff. I like a lead for 2.6-3k on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's iso raising limping in EP I can see a lot of live tables calling behind a fair amount so limping pre letting the maniac raise gets weaker players / hands in and then you can decide whether LRR is a good play (usually will be with AJs)

As for river options the only other option is to check/raise or shove really so I guess your saying you prefer checkraise ?
Old 10-07-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's iso raising limping in EP I can see a lot of live tables calling behind a fair amount so limping pre letting the maniac raise gets weaker players / hands in and then you can decide whether LRR is a good play (usually will be with AJs)

As for river options the only other option is to check/raise or shove really so I guess your saying you prefer checkraise ?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i think i prefer a check on the river to anything else, but i think a size of 2.6 is too obvious- if we're going to weak lead it needs to be for like 1500 or something so he thinks one more time we are blocking and he can get us off of something.

as played, if we lead 2.6 or 3, i would like it as a bluff if we had like 99 or osmething because i seriously think 2.6 lets him for any K and maybe even Ax (where x is up to Q) becuase let's face it leading for 2.6 or 3 on that river is NEVER a bluff and we're pot stuck so him shoving is out of the questino (unless he's got three kings or something and it's just a huge cooler and he's shoving worse for value- fk he might call with taht too)

so what i'm saying is we give ourselves 1% chance of getting all remaining 8k, and a low chance of even getting the 2.6 to 3k, whereas checking gives us a much higher chance of getting all 8k, aand leading 1.5k gives us a MUCH greater chance of gettin 1.5k and a much much greater chance of getting all 8k (as opposed to leading 2.6k)
Old 10-08-2007, 03:14 AM

I felt like checking riv was def the best play, tho betting something tiny was prob ok too as this guy def might bluff raise that. I think shoving or betting like 5k is really really terrible, as randal said he is way more likely to make a huge bluff than a huge call. Also when I shove riv it's like impossible for me to be bluffing.

So I checked riv, he bet 6k, I shoved for 9k, aaaand he folded after thinking for ~15 seconds.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:38 PM

nh wp etc. ansky has inspired me to start posting a little bit more.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:55 PM

NH. And OT, TerrorofSweden is a great name given this guys playing style. I find it somewhat amusing.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Not really but OP said he views him as tag, so ToS will assume he's on AT+ 88+ and broadway.
Which is true.

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't close to Ansky's range and if this is your range its awful I would much rather call 22 than KTo. I would also rather have 78s than both of those.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are missing the point, or at least how I took it. It doesn't matter what Ansky's range is, what sucks is that if this guy views him as some scared satellite kid, he may put him on a tight range where AJ is the 2nd most likely hand in the range. Not saying we should fold, really that just isn't right. But there is a chance that his guess of hand, might be correct. Since Ansky would have quickly realized if this guy was a very good lag, I assume his post flop play involves a lot of range guessing.

So we call, but I may not set up the post flop play to get all-in with one pair.
Really that comes down to how bad this guy is, but if is blindly aggressive, none of that matters, we stack off with TP
Old 10-12-2007, 12:03 AM

On the flop, I think B3B works pretty often.
I don't think he expects that you would fold a K. But he probably doubts you lead with one too.
This isn't a great spot for him to float with air, since you could lead the turn, and depending on bet sizes, would be getting 2-1 to call a push. I think he is much more likely to try to bluff the flop, if he is bluffing. If he flat calls, I think his range has a lot of hands that beat A high. It is just a guess, but I think we gain more letting him reraise bluff the flop than we do by folding out bad 1p hands.