Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 05:13 AM

Default Re: Los Angeles: Things To Do And Places To Go

There is a Dali exhibit opening at LACMA in a few days.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:42 PM

My 24th bday is comin up. My twin brother too, of course. I wanna go somewhere different and fun that serves drinks, but also allows 18yos in because I want my little cousins to come. Any suggestions? We have about a month.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:26 PM

any ideas for what to do if you just want to get out of LA for a couple of days? i moved here a couple of months ago, went tijuana (MISTAKE!), san diego, and drove up the coast to wine country, dont want to go to vegas. any other ideas?
Old 10-09-2007, 05:16 PM

Take the ferry to Catalina, stay at in Big Bear, camp in Joshua Tree, stay in Mammoth, Yosemite, Sequioa, Palm Springs (nice this time of year), Death Valley, Santa Barbara, Anza-Borrego, stay at the Mission Inn in Riverside, take the train to San Juan Capistrano.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My 24th bday is comin up. My twin brother too, of course. I wanna go somewhere different and fun that serves drinks, but also allows 18yos in because I want my little cousins to come. Any suggestions? We have about a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

ThaHero,

If you like big, bombastic, wacked out dance clubs, go to The Ruby in Hollywood (on Hollywood Blvd., between La Brea and Sycamore -- 7070 is the address). On Friday nights, they have Clockwork Orange, which is like a new wave and dance pop night. On Saturday nights it's Bang!, which is indie rock and alternative and Britpop, and on Sunday nights it's Beat It! which is '80s.

All three nights are 18 and over, and 21+ gets a wristband to buy drinks at the bar. There are 3 rooms in the club, so if you don't like one song there are 2 more to choose from. It's packed with girls, too, so for kids between like 18-24, it's pretty fun and everyone hooks up.

I'm just a bit too old for places like that now, but back in the day man...
Old 10-09-2007, 06:25 PM

Actually, your post reminded me of a place some coworkers took me. We made a right off La Brea going North I think but I'm not sure if it was Hollywood Blvd. It was a Friday I think and the main room played 80's and another room did mostly hip-hop and pop, billboard type radio music, and I think there was one more room. It could be the same place but it was a pretty cool spot. I'll have to ask them. There will be a few people in their 30s there so I wanna make sure they enjoy themselves too. Thanks for jogging my memory!
Old 10-09-2007, 07:01 PM

Yeah that sounds like the spot. The back room at Clockwork on Fridays does play hip-hop and top 40 stuff.

It's not that if you're 30 you won't have a good time; it just caters a bit more to the younger crowd because it's 18+. I've seen dudes there that look 40 and are still dancing like nutjobs.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:31 PM

The Top 40 and hip-hop is mainly for my younger cousins. I don't know how open-minded they would be dancing to some other types of music. I dance to everything so I don't care. I was also thinking about Level 3 at Hollywood and Highlands but it gets so crowded there and plus I've been there plenty and wanna do something different.

I have been wanting to bowl lately and thought about Lucky Strike, but I'm pretty sure it's 21+ after a certain time and I don't want them to get kicked out or whatever. I definately don't wanna end up at some generic place like the Grand Lux or Cheesecake Factory or something like that though. Miyagi's might be doable but it's a little too trendy for my tastes I think.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:15 AM

Coolish thing to do that you might want to check out if you're into it. Every Sunday night on the sand in Venice beach a bunch of people meet up for a bonfire and drum circle. You could find better things to do but this was interesting.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:19 AM

Also:

Go see a dodger game

Go see an angels game

Go to disneyland / magic mountain / knotts berry farm

Go to Catalina Island

Go golfing

Go to the beach

Take the 405 down to the home depot center and watch David Beckham play and lose for the Los Angeles Galaxy.

Go to Fleming's steakhouse.

Go to Manhattan Beach in general, they have everything thats good. (I'm from the southbay ldo)