Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: VEGAAAAAAAAAASSS

Man, I think I'm going to switch to NL/Spread-limit. I've been playing 5-200 SL at Bay101 for the last few days, and the players are ridiculously bad. Since 5-200 is the lowest SL game they have, you get the equivalent of a 2/4 limit game but playing for 10/20 limit+ stakes.

I've played maybe 300 hands of SL/NL in my life, and I felt there were about 7 donkeys at the table. And I have no clue how to play SL/NL... sick game.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:51 PM

God can terrible players just get punished a few [censored] times in this game. I can't remember the last time I was 500 miles ahead in a Stud 8 hand where I ended up with any of the pot. Completer is hatjr, a [censored] lag that holds over me like unbelievable and the T is some omaha player that plays okay other than apparently liking to play split tens in Stud 8. I normally almost never get involved with QQ in this game but this is obviously the ultimate spot. Of course he isn't drawing dead so I never had a shot. I thought he had only 3 outs but I forgot about his 3 great hidden K outs so it's not like the beat itself is significant at all, I just don't see why these terrible players have to keep getting rewarded for their stupidity.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (7.50 SB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (5.25 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds

6th Street - (7.25 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (9.25 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (11.25 BB)

Results:

Total pot $675 | Rake $3

Hero: [Qc Qs 3s 2c 6h 2s Ac]

Seat 4: [7s Ks 7c Jh 4c 4h 7h] (HI: a full house, Sevens full of Fours)

*edit*
That was fun, 15 minute session, get stuck a little and then even playing 30 Stud 8 donate a few bets in 10 Omaha and Stud 8, then be bored and not want to play any more.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:11 AM

Heard a great comment tonight after a hand that I still can't believe this guy said out loud.

I open OTB w/ QJ, SB and BB call.

Flop: 344r

Check/check/bet, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn K

Check/bet/call

river: Q

Check/bet/call.

I showdown and Villain turns over the same hand. As I study the board trying to figure out what he was hoping for on the river he looks at me and says, "At least I wasn't the one betting it"

To make me feel even more like [censored], like 3 people are nodding agreeing with him.

I don't think he was very happy with me when I looked at the dealer and said, "Sometimes I feel like I'm in a cartoon."
Old 10-03-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he was very happy with me when I looked at the dealer and said, "Sometimes I feel like I'm in a cartoon."

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha nice!

That flippin place was killing me tonight. Why? Why? Why?
Variance, you're an a-hole!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:22 AM

Vegas games are always good. To those of you worried about playing against locals, all of the locals suck at poker. These locals will tilt if anyone at the table shows down any hand that they shouldn't have played, regardless of whether they were in the hand or not.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha nice!

That flippin place was killing me tonight. Why? Why? Why?
Variance, you're an a-hole!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Why? Why? is right. Last night put me at 115 hours of breaking even. I try not to moan about it too bad because I know if I keep playing it will be so much worse. I have always said though, If I have a downswing of 300BB in live limit poker- I will quit, and its not even close. I feel like I haven't won a hand in a month and I'm still running at $0.87/hour since September 10th.

Today is my Birthday though so I do believe the poker gods owe it me and should let me win a red bird or two tonight.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Last night put me at 115 hours of breaking even.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like 3 days right?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Last night put me at 115 hours of breaking even.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like 3 days right?

[/ QUOTE ]

2 actually. Hell no I'm not as crazy as you, it's 3 weeks. I usually play 8-10 hour sessions but only 3-4 times a week.

How many hours did you get to until you were winning again? I remember a post where you were at like 350 breaking even or something.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:43 PM

5-200 spread limit at Bay101 2/3/5 blinds.

Hand 1:
EP limps, EP2 (super tight guy who I've only seen raise AA) makes it 15, I look down at J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and weigh my options and decide to just call, button calls, BB calls, EP calls. 5-way, $75 pot.

Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Checked to me, I make it $40, everyone folds.
SB: "A7".
Me: "what? you folded A7?"
SB: "No, you got A7 right?"
Me: "No"
SB: "You got A7. else why would you bet so much?".

Hand 2:
2 limpers, I limp with 99 in SB, BB checks. 4 way, $20 pot

Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet $15, only LP calls.

Turn is 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet $30, LP thinks and folds.

UTG who folded preflop: "what's your kicker? you probably had me outkicked. I had 72. I can't call that. You had me outkicked anyway. You must have had a 7."

7? Damn, I wish I had a T!

Is there something I'm missing in this game? These low-limit $200SL games are so sick, I don't think people could call out my hand if they had 152 tries.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How many hours did you get to until you were winning again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I knew.

On a sidenote, HIV sitting playing someone HU 75/150 Omaha 8. I am pretty sure he is exceptionally bad at this game. Can some good players please join so that I won't be tempted?

nevermind he apparently wants to play HU only which is probably good for me because I didn't want to play him but I don't see how I could not play.
Closed Thread