Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like the ability to have only certain stats not show up until you have X amount of hands on a player. For instance, I could have VPIP and PFR pop up immediately, then after 500 hands on a player I could have cold call % and W$SD pop up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded, I would love this functionality. Some stats are very misleading with small sample, but currently one must observe them, notice the sample size and disregard them, since other stats have considerable value at lower sample size thus all must be displayed.

As a possibly easy to implement quick fix, I'd love to see hand # filter for each of the four combined stat displays in PA-HUD, in this way we can group stats to appear based on sample size.

dave.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:14 AM

A tutorial of what the stats mean, what range do winning players have and even some strategies to adjust against certain ranges.

I woudnt personnaly need it cause I've been using pt for years but for the newer players...
Old 07-12-2007, 03:36 PM

For PAHUD, the ability to auto-calc and display in the HUD your current number of "BB"'s and "M" left for use in MTT's. Also Pot Odd's offered.

I know all these things are easy enough to work out, but if you have loads of MTT's or SnG's going at once would be nice to just see those figures automatically.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:59 PM

Another suggestion:
The ability to continue working with PT while hands are being imported instead of everything freezing up.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another suggestion:
The ability to continue working with PT while hands are being imported instead of everything freezing up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a definite. The new version will be threaded so importing will be on one thread and other things will be in another thread so that you can multi task.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Built in HH writer for posting on forums. E.g. a button that says "This Hand in 2+2 format". This will bring up a dialogue box, so that I can include/exclude relevant stats/info (VPIP/PFR/ASB etc, stack sizes, that kinda stuff).

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this would be sick!
Old 07-14-2007, 10:44 AM

Please have some Linux users on your alpha/beta test teams. We play poker too! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2007, 03:00 PM

Request in future for the new HUD, perhaps a more professional approach for communicating a product roadmap and managing expectations.

For example an exert from PokerAce forums May 15 when asked when Everest support was coming:-

"I HAVE NOT HAD A CHANCE TO LOOK INTO EVEREST SUPPORT. PLEASE STOP ASKING FOR ESTIMATES AS TO WHEN IT WILL BE AVAILABLE. IT WILL BE AT LEAST A MONTH FROM THE DATE OF THIS POST, PERHAPS LONGER."

No update until this, 13 July:

"I haven't had a change to look into this yet, how can you say it isn't coming?"

So perhaps to avoid endless posts on your forums and frustrated replies from the developer, how about posting some kind of product roadmap telling people what new sites will be supported in what order?
Old 07-14-2007, 03:08 PM

Lots of great functionality requests here. No-one has mentioned the interface.

I want a modern GUI like you see in most development environments with dockable/hideable windows and toolbars that do not stael any more screen estate than is needed
Old 07-14-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lots of great functionality requests here. No-one has mentioned the interface.

I want a modern GUI like you see in most development environments with dockable/hideable windows and toolbars that do not stael any more screen estate than is needed

[/ QUOTE ]
I could go along with that somewhat but if something comes down to feature vs. paint, I want feature.

One thing that annoys the crap out of non-windows users is the amateurish way a parent app's dialog will block access to the parent - can you do anything about this? What I mean is I can drag that dialog out of the way but the parent is completely locked up and inaccessible to commands/menus, etc. until I close the dialog. I run xp in vmware and have no desire at all to run vista so I hope if this can be addressed it isn't a vista-only solution.

edit: by "dialog" I don't just mean the "yes/no/maybe" boxes but any window popped up from its parent, such as the table print/csv-export window, stuff like that.