Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: management argue

[ QUOTE ]
the "not exactly" is in reference to the question about a specific rule governing this situation, not about what the bet amount should be.

But as Bob points out the player must increase the wager "to him" (his emphasis, not mine) so this clearly makes the bet 1500.

As numerous posters have already pointed out though, one may experience different results in different cardrooms.

[/ QUOTE ]

This points out why the no limit rules need to be improved and more clearly written.

Meanwhile I'd add that one is likely to experience different results within a cardroom.

If I get time I'll write up a reworded version of the OP including four possible answers and both scenarios (i.e., include the raise to $1300) and see what sort of answers I get around LA.

I'll post my draft here first so you guys can help me edit.

~ Rick
Old 12-01-2007, 05:03 PM

Thanks Rick.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Meanwhile I'd add that one is likely to experience different results within a cardroom.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to phrase my initial statement that way but didn't want to be to presumptuous. I can't come close to the experience or expertise that you, and others, have with live play. I mostly try to work from common sense, something that, far to often, seems to be in short supply too... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I look forward to your additional scenarios.