Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2006, 01:17 PM

Default Re: early levels 99-jj, aq-ak facing a raise

well i know that feeling when u raise with AQ and you get popped, for some reason with me its always by AK. I never fold any of those hands to a minraise, but I am also very willing to muck to a big flop bet, or if i'm in front i'll bet to see where I am at. if you hold less than AA KK or AK, I fold to a big reraise pf, QQ is tough to let go, but sometimes its just not worth it yet, esp if you built ur stack early.

I'll give you an example of me folding JJ:
Party Poker, 10-handed 33 NLHE Speed SNG

HERO has JJ in utg+1(2200)
blinds 30/60
utg folds, hero raises to 195
all fold to villian in CO who raises to 954 total
sb bb fold

I thought for a little, I even said damn you i have JJ, to induce a little info from him on his hand, then I mucked. and what do you know! he showed me AA!

Yea so in early stages I really dont see people reraising PF with less than AQ. But in rare cases, people will be super donks with AJs ATs TT-88 ETC.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:34 PM

Default Re: early levels 99-jj, aq-ak facing a raise

Let's assume the 16s, where they will never fold to a reraise less than AI. I would flat call all of these and then not know what to do with a flop of overs or a whiff.
What do I do then if its drawy and if it isnt? Fold to c-bet or repop? If doesnt, do I c-bet or take free card?

This is the hardest spot for me and it leads me to just push preflop in a lot of spots because I dont know how to not spew 25-50% of my chips postflop.