Default Re: Emo Concert Trip Report

seeing thrice is a brag
Old 11-03-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seeing thrice is a brag

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously.

I don't like "emo" music. I hate bands like My Chemical Romance or Brand New, but Thrice is one of my top 3 favorite bands.

Too bad they rarely pull it off live.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:11 PM

BN's earlier stuff is def emo, and they've kinda moved away from that style but they're still emo in the sense that Jesse still sings and writes lyrics like he's in an emo band.

Thrice is def not emo, but BN is the headliner of this tour, hence "emo concert." I thought Thrice's set was great from what I saw of it, and they definitely played a decent amount of older stuff, I just didn't recognize a lot of it cause I'm only really familiar with Vheissu. They played "Red Sky", "For Miles", and "The Earth Will Shake" after I got there and all were great (and I think they were playing "Stand And Feel Your Worth" when I arrived). I think they replicate the energy of their music on-stage way better than BN did. I'm not sure if they just played all their popular songs at the start ("Image of the Invisible", "All That's Left", "Stare at the Sun") before I got there or what though.

I saw Taking Back Sunday like 8 months ago and it was better than this but still not great - maybe I'm just getting old and disillusioned with live music? I don't know. I saw Rage Against the Machine after the Battle of Los Angeles came out and no concert has ever come close to that imo.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:27 PM

"I saw Taking Back Sunday like 8 months ago and it was better than this but still not great - maybe I'm just getting old and disillusioned with live music?"

i think you just have crappy taste in music and might be realizing that
Old 11-03-2007, 08:28 PM

I disagree.

Also, I'm listening to my Thrice collection right now and just realized they played "Silhouette" last night too.

EDIT: "The Artist in the Ambulance" too.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:37 PM

what is the appeal of emo music?
Old 11-03-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BN's earlier stuff is def emo, and they've kinda moved away from that style but they're still emo in the sense that Jesse still sings and writes lyrics like he's in an emo band.

Thrice is def not emo, but BN is the headliner of this tour, hence "emo concert." I thought Thrice's set was great from what I saw of it, and they definitely played a decent amount of older stuff, I just didn't recognize a lot of it cause I'm only really familiar with Vheissu. They played "Red Sky", "For Miles", and "The Earth Will Shake" after I got there and all were great (and I think they were playing "Stand And Feel Your Worth" when I arrived). I think they replicate the energy of their music on-stage way better than BN did. I'm not sure if they just played all their popular songs at the start ("Image of the Invisible", "All That's Left", "Stare at the Sun") before I got there or what though.

I saw Taking Back Sunday like 8 months ago and it was better than this but still not great - maybe I'm just getting old and disillusioned with live music? I don't know. I saw Rage Against the Machine after the Battle of Los Angeles came out and no concert has ever come close to that imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vheissu is OK, but total crap compared to Artist in the Ambulance or Illusion of Safety. Both of the those records are in my top 20 all time.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
its all emotional and junk
Old 11-03-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
its all emotional and junk

[/ QUOTE ]

U dont even know emotion

[censored] you

You come off as a person even a pedophile would look down upon. Stick your teepee up your ass, your dad is filming. Quick though, Walmart won't let you borrow the camcorder forever.