Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Good spot for a C/R?

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $1, Bring-In $1.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___calls

4th Street - (7.70 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street - (6.85 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (8.85 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks

Should I have 3-bet third? What about raise 5th? I was thrown off this hand for some reason.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Good spot for a C/R?

On 3rd I could go either way...you probably have the best hand, but also don't necessarily want to bloat the pot too much and will almost assuredly have a chance to get those bets back later with a c/r, which also increases the chances of getting it heads up or taking down the pot before showdown over raising 3rd.

I dont think I could pass on the raise on 5th. Seat 3s most likely hand is dead Qs or dead Aces...make seat 2 face 2 BBs before he gets to see another card. For some reason I dont see seat 2 on a flush draw...if he caught perfect like that on 4th he would probably bet out after raising 3rd right? I could see an argument for calling 5th though since you are probably well ahead of seat 2 and he is adding money into the pot. The pot is big enough on 5th that I would just try to take him out to increase your chances of winning the hand.

on 6th, might as well go for the c/r unless you have reason to think he will slow down. He prob. thinks you have Tens and he won't want to give you a free card.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:22 PM

I can see why you might be thrown off, seat 2's play is bizzare. Raise, call raise, call 2 bets cold, fold---wtf???

I like the call on three after you've raised already. Seat 2 is repping better than 10's, so with two aces out, mebbe J's? Diamonds? Who knows.

I don't like giving my hand away any further at this point since we aren't going to lose anyone. I keep my options open here.

I don't raise 4th. I don't figure to lose seat 2 when I drop a dead Q. I'd like to make sure he misses on 5th before I get frisky.

Seat 3 is looking like he has the case Q in the hole, but (44)Q has to be considered.

I would have raised 5th. Seat 2 has checked twice now after raising, so if he is on diamonds, let's make him pay double. As it turned out he had no hand anyway.

Tough tough choice on 6th. Your hand looks like (9 J) 10 as played (the raise on 4th, which he smooth called, then led on 5th when you 'blanked'), and the K completes you.

As played I'd just lead.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:33 PM

Raise 5th and bet 6th. CR not a good choice.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:32 AM

With two Aces folded and a dead Queen in there, I think you have too much equity on third to not three-bet. Definitely raise fifth. I'm not big on check-raising in this game, but sixth might be an OK spot for it. I'd lean towards betting and hoping the other guy raised, though.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:09 AM

i like just calling 3rd (after you completed and got raised). it disguises your hand and gives you the opportunity to raise on 4th or 5th to get the pot heads up...which is very important.

i would have raised 5th without thinking about it, and i think it's clearly the best play. your hand is likely best but very vulnerable.

given that you just called 5th and the other guy folded, check/raising is certainly a viable option. it really depends on the opponents tendencies. given that i can't really put on a hand, i'd be more likely to bet since he may have been (semi)-bluffing and picked up some outs and decide to check behind. as andy said, he may even be confused by your bet and raise an inferior hand...