Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Difficulty of Vegas vs. AC games

[ QUOTE ]
The last time I was at the Trop, it was a Friday night, which seems like it should have been peak hours, and they still didn't get the pink chip going.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played 1-2 no limit at the Trop Friday night because I wanted to meet up with some friends of mine. Normally I play at the Hilton, however they prefer the Trop for partying so when in Rome.

The room had hardly any buzz to it at all. The simulcast area had no games going at all. They only had one $5-$10 stud game going. They could not get the 3-6 stud game going.

They did have a $10-$20 no limit game going, however they only had $2-$4 and $4-$8 limit.

We spoke with Jeff( a long time floor man) and he said that new management still has not made a decision on the fate of the Trop's poker room. He joked with us that he heard rumors for the past 5 years that they were closing.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:28 PM

I only played limit when I visited Vegas.

I consider the Las Vegas games different but would not call them easier or tougher.

The AC players have a much more loose aggressive nature than their Las Vegas counterpart. The regulars in Vegas did not seem to spew the way the AC regulars do.

Just adjust your game to the situation. Adapt adjust overcome.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I only played limit when I visited Vegas.

I consider the Las Vegas games different but would not call them easier or tougher.

The AC players have a much more loose aggressive nature than their Las Vegas counterpart. The regulars in Vegas did not seem to spew the way the AC regulars do.

Just adjust your game to the situation. Adapt adjust overcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why go to Vegas? I haven't found easier games than AC.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:53 AM

A buddy & I went up to AC a couple weeks ago & rolled through 10/20-40/80 at Borg. Felt like the 10/20 & 20/40 were relatively easy tables, even though several players at each claimed/implied they were pro. Not a lot of folks mixing up their play, so relatively easy to get a handle right off. Only played the 40/80 for a couple hours, but seemed to be mostly chasers/overpushers on middle pockets on scary boards (basically if you outflop, they paid off pretty big, didn't really want to lay them down). Players seemed to be a bit more solid, but again a good mix of donkeys to liven it up. In all games, most hands were shown down, definitely a lot of sheriffs.

Good luck

Jigs
Old 09-22-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The last time I was at the Trop, it was a Friday night, which seems like it should have been peak hours, and they still didn't get the pink chip going.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played 1-2 no limit at the Trop Friday night because I wanted to meet up with some friends of mine. Normally I play at the Hilton, however they prefer the Trop for partying so when in Rome.

The room had hardly any buzz to it at all. The simulcast area had no games going at all. They only had one $5-$10 stud game going. They could not get the 3-6 stud game going.

They did have a $10-$20 no limit game going, however they only had $2-$4 and $4-$8 limit.

We spoke with Jeff( a long time floor man) and he said that new management still has not made a decision on the fate of the Trop's poker room. He joked with us that he heard rumors for the past 5 years that they were closing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a real shame. For a long time, the Trop had the best low-limit games anywhere in AC. I suppose that's what happens when poker room management doesn't keep up with the competition, and does stupid crap like cramming 60 tables into a space that can really only hold about 50.