Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Seriously, WTF is going on here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kind of weird, your composite is actually pretty good. If you go through and sort by biggest pots, are you losing a ton of really big pots?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll look into that. I know it FEELS like I am losing all the big pots. I get a ton of money in as a huge favorite and BAM, three-outer on the end. I lose tons of huge pots that way then steal the blinds with Aces two or three times. BUT, everyone loses tons of big pots that way, right?

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no clue how to go about getting enough data on that compare individuals to some sort of standard, sorry. Was just my first thought when I saw your WtSD and W$SD numbers and ran the composite.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:06 PM

Can you post your position stats
Old 07-11-2006, 10:10 PM

I wasn't offended by what you said, I am sincerely interested in where those numbers should be.

SpaceAce

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2/3 structure + you are a badass 2+2 poker theorist = you should be defending way more and stealing more too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should be stealing more than 30% (at $3/$6 I am at 30.3%, significantly lower at $2/$4 for some reason)? Where do you think those numbers should actually be?

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

SpaceAce,
First off, I am very sorry about your downswing and didn't intend to come off sounding like a knowitall.

As far as the optimal steal% in a 2/3 structure goes: I'm not sure--it depends on your game/site selection and your postflop style quite a bit anyway. I was just trying to offer a place to look. Obviously its difficult to figure out precisely what leaks to plug from those stats.
Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-11-2006, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you post your position stats

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure.

BB (14K): -.17
SB (14K): -.14
These have both gotten significantly worse over the last 10K hands, but for the 50K+ before that, they were around -.08 and -.1 or something like that. Oddly, as my blind numbers got worse, I actually had that little upswing shown on the graph. I have no idea what that means.

Button (13K): +.13/hand
1 (11K): +.12/hand
2 (8.3K): +.07/hand
4 (149): +.12/hand
5 (113): +.26/hand
6 (61): +.15/hand

If I filter for $3/$6 only, it looks like this:
BB: -.17
SB: -.15
Button: +.13
1: +.11
2: +.07
3: +.13
4: +.11
5: +.34
6: +.09

SpaceAce
Old 07-11-2006, 10:31 PM

Comparing to myself at party 3-6 steal is a tad low (i am ~32), my folded SB to steal is 87, and folded BB to steal is same. check your win rate in SB, mine is (.06) in sb and (.15) in BB. I also go to sd less (33.7%) and win more (58%). I am sure I have played you a lot or observed you a lot, PM me your party name and Ill give you some more help.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Comparing to myself at party 3-6 steal is a tad low (i am ~32), my folded SB to steal is 87, and folded BB to steal is same. check your win rate in SB, mine is (.06) in sb and (.15) in BB. I also go to sd less (33.7%) and win more (58%). I am sure I have played you a lot or observed you a lot, PM me your party name and Ill give you some more help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, this is all Absolute, though. I haven't played on Party in ages.

SpaceAce
Old 07-11-2006, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, this is all Absolute, though. I haven't played on Party in ages.

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]Ohhhhhhhh, sorry a little drunk. I have some absolute hands, but just glancing, your steal attempts should be WAY higher since the have the 2/3 blind structure.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:07 PM

Haven't played enough 2/3 structure to know even what's right for me. I do know that I defend around 82/42 averaged unevenly across 1/2, 1/3, and 2/5 structures. And I steal above 35 I think.

I can't seem to manage my debt well enough to even try to get to the 15/30 level at party. But I just started an Absolute account though and intend to play 3/6, so I'll have a better feel for 2/3 structure by end of month.

Why do you play so few hands 6 handed? What is your average number of players? This probably reinforces my initial guess.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why do you play so few hands 6 handed? What is your average number of players? This probably reinforces my initial guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

My VPIP at $3/$6 is > 27%, I don't see that playing much looser than that would do me any good.

SpaceAce
Old 07-11-2006, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My VPIP at $3/$6 is > 27%, I don't see that playing much looser than that would do me any good.

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant:
Your position stats indicate that you play a lot of 5 handed and under. Why is that and is it really true (give me the average # of players/table)?