Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2006, 08:49 PM

Default Waiting...to...raise

UTG is 22/17/6.39 with a WTSD of 26 over 615 hands

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.66 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 07-10-2006, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Waiting...to...raise

I don't like the river raise. His low went to showdown and general TAG stats make me think that he will be able to lay down anything except KJs that you beat, and that his line often represents AK. Sometimes it is QQ figuring you missed but not wanting to let you off the hook when many players take A-high to showdown, or just JJ wanting to fold QQ/AQ.

But his line makes a little more sense with a king and that weights his range towards hands that beat you. Just call down.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:55 PM

What do you think this guy is c/r the flop with that you beat? I'd just call down from the flop c/r vs. this particular opponent.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:57 PM

That AF is off the charts. Since this guy can easily be on a draw, and probably will bluff the river, I like waiting til the river to raise alot more than raising on the turn. I think you played this hand perfectly against this guy.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:58 PM

We can discount AK some because of pf. I think its fine, Leader, obviously folding to a 3bet. I think he calls lots of worse hands and doesn't raise most of his better ones.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think this guy is c/r the flop with that you beat? I'd just call down from the flop c/r vs. this particular opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are plenty of hands. What range do you put him on? I was thinking more along the lines of what don't we beat? KTs TT very discounted AK
Old 07-10-2006, 09:07 PM

its ok I dont prefer it to your other options however I like raising the turn or letting him bluff the river and just calling. Id like this line more if you had AK just to add another hand he ll pay off with here that you beat (KQ in addition to KJ or perhaps K9 or a frustrated JJ ( i discount QQ with no cap preflop))particularly since with this line you often cost yourself a bet on the river when he check calls or bets fold but would have called a turn raise and river bet or check folds a draw he would have called a bet on the turn with.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:10 PM

disclaimer: I do like this kind of play in a shorthanded game vs an opponent like this WHO I play against atleast FAIRLY OFTEN on occassion even with some more marginal top pair type hands. previous statement was made in a vacuum.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are plenty of hands. What range do you put him on? I was thinking more along the lines of what don't we beat? KTs TT very discounted AK

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Christ, it's two Tags in a 5handed game. I'd either play it like this or 3jack the flop.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:51 PM

Anybody consider raising the turn or 3betting the flop? I think opponent could have a lot of draws here like QJs, AcXc where you're letting him off cheap.