Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Zero Rake Poker Business plan

Eh, I'll just leave the whole "protecting gamblers is a worthy cause" alone. Just write that letter to Gates and post the response if you get one.

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree that a big Full Tilt style ad campaign is necessary. Start in the most favorable state, and when you are ready to kick off, do a PR push to get the state media to cover the story. I doubt the PPA will be actually try to make this site happen, but if someone else did, maybe PPA'd be willing to send an email to members in that state.

I think that would be enough to get the ball rolling. WPEX was swamped after they went rakefree and got that CardPlayer article. They wasted the opportunity, though, by having such garbage software in place that it was near impossible to play without getting violently angry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, [censored] software and good players…. How about Party in 2003? Party's software back then made WSEX's software at its worst look flawless, yet the numbers continued to grow because they advertised to the right people. They didn't know they could hop over to Stars and play on a stable site, and I bet Stars was looking for every way they could to get them to come over. They got their break when Moneymaker won and flooded his story everywhere.

You really think state media coverage will be large enough to get the ball rolling? I mean, who cares? I guess if you get Tuff and ten other whack jobs to stand in front of a B&M card room holding signs of their wonderful new poker room, perhaps they might get 15 seconds of local news coverage if they're trespassing or something.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about Party in 2003? Party's software back then made WSEX's software at its worst look flawless,

[/ QUOTE ]

So not true.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How about Party in 2003? Party's software back then made WSEX's software at its worst look flawless,

[/ QUOTE ]

So not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess we'll have to disagree on that as well. I thought the disconnects were much worse on Party in 2003 then wsex was when they went 100% rakeback.