Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Interesting reaction from an out-of-the-blue email

I recently received a unsolicited email from someone, who was asking about poker games in the area. I'm pretty sure I know where "Fish" got my contact from. Fish seemed to have moved to the US from the Netherlands somewhere.

In one of my responses back to him, I sent him my group's background survey- the one that a regular likes to describe as an "anal probe" (or worse). Some of you may remember an earlier version that I posted on here, about a year ago.

Fish's reaction to my survey was rather interesting:

"after reading your email i was shocked i had no idea that poker was treated this way in the usa
all i am looking for is a place to play poker in tournament form whether its free or has a buy -in of 50 bucks in the (..) area.

as i believe in freedom i do not wish to provide information to others unless i have met them face to face. As you bring it, poker has become a tight security network that can pass with honors the requirements of the customs security of our nation.

as poker players are usually open people i expected an open answer back "

(and, in a later reply)
"i did not ask for your house location nor any of the other lawfull or privacy info that you requested from me for just playing some poker.
In the netherlands i was member of 2 pokergroups called the 058 group and the pokernet group, the last 1 has pro players as members who have been and are playing at the wsop atm
We never asked to fill in a survey to join a game of poker. "

-----

Thoughts, anyone? What kind of game information (yours, or others that you know about) would you give out to an anonymous emailer?

Just curious,
LL