Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 02:42 AM

Default Fox News \"biased?\" what about ABC,CBS,NBC

I see a lot of blather on how "biased" fox news is. I was just wondering if the people who claim Fox News is biased think that CBS NBC and ABC are objective?
Old 03-08-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Fox News \"biased?\" what about ABC,CBS,NBC

[ QUOTE ]
I see a lot of blather on how "biased" Fox News is. I was just wondering if the people who claim Fox News is biased think that CBS NBC and ABC are objective?

[/ QUOTE ]Everybody is biased - and people who tell you different are biased as well. It all depends on the strength of the bias and the direction of the bias. Think vectors. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mickey Brausch
Old 03-08-2007, 03:17 AM

The propaganda is a bit less extreme is all. That said, fox news is scary.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem we have here is 1 conservative channel vs countless liberal channels/liberal personalities in the media. So when you combine jon stewart/letterman/leno + newspapers + bill mahr and countless other media influences all saying the same thing (fox news is the greatest evil on earth) than obviously you and the rest of the naive public that we are are going to believe it.

when you have all that media influence telling you fox news is scary, of course you are going to believe it. If CNN was the only media influence hating on fox news there would be no anti-fox news trend, but in this case it is everyone vs fox news.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem we have here is 1 conservative channel vs countless liberal channels/liberal personalities in the media. So when you combine jon stewart/letterman/leno + newspapers + bill mahr and countless other media influences all saying the same thing (fox news is the greatest evil on earth) than obviously you and the rest of the naive public that we are are going to believe it.

when you have all that media influence telling you fox news is scary, of course you are going to believe it. If CNN was the only media influence hating on fox news there would be no anti-fox news trend, but in this case it is everyone vs fox news.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, one only has to watch Fox to get the impression Fox is scary.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:15 AM

It amazes me that roughly 90% of print and TV "journalists" describe themselves as dumbacrats and you people worry about one channel giving a more objective view.

When Jennings thought Gore won Florida and was caught on camera whispering "we won" that shows his bias.

When Bill Clinton was walking from Brown's funeral service having a laugh with a guy next to him and then saw a tv camera on him, and went to his "pouty face" fake cry...none of the networks played it. It's not biased to not show what a phony he was I guess.

Ever notice on most newscasts the cute female smiles when talking about a Democrat Plan...then cut to the stern faced old guy minus the smile and good looks for the republican counterpoint.

I think Fox News seems right of center to some people because they think the far left is actually the center.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:26 AM

Like it or not Fox News makes Paddy Chayefskylook like a prophet. Then again, there is Lou Dobbs, who, one hopes, could become the real life Howard Beale.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:42 AM

" The news and truth are not the same thing."

‘sometimes the truth is so precious it must be accompanied
by a bodyguard of lies.’

-Donald Rumsfeld, US Department of Defense Briefing, September 25, 2001
Old 03-08-2007, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

When Jennings thought Gore won Florida and was caught on camera whispering "we won" that shows his bias.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? Jennings has political leanings? No way.

This whole thing is completely absurd. OF COURSE people in the media are going to be biased. The question is to what extent this changes their reporting, and to what extent they are capable of reportings facts with an interpretation that is upfront about its biases.

FoxNews simply resorts to precisely this "everyone hates us, war on Christians" mentality and simply has no pretense towards thoughtful reporting whatsoever.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I see a lot of blather on how "biased" fox news is. I was just wondering if the people who claim Fox News is biased think that CBS NBC and ABC are objective?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they are also *highly* biased toward the right wing.

There is no "liberal media" in America, and there never has been. In fact, at this point in American history, I think it can safely be said that America has no real press at all.

q/q
Closed Thread