Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Logitech mouse conflicts with Autohotkey

I have been using my MX1000 with autohotkey on Party with no problems. I recently upgraded to the MX Revolution, and since then my mouse focus has been getting locked on the Party windows. When this happens, I can click on any Party table and the lobby across 2 monitors, but no clicks register on my desktop, other windows, or the taskbar. I have hit ctrl+alt+dlt to unlock the focus each time. The lock-up seems to occur randomly; sometimes taking 10 minutes inbetween freezes and sometimes only seconds.

I checked countless possibilites before I came to the conclusion that it is specifically a problem with the Revolution + Party Poker (focus never freezes when I play Party Gammon with another script) + Autohotkey.

Does anybody have any idea why the MX1000 works fine but the Revolution seems to conflict? The mice use the same Setpoint version, which is up to date. I'm also using the most recent version of Autohotkey, and I've made no changes to the script.

My friend suggested that the Revolution's program control (this is a feature which allows you to set some mouse buttons to have different functions depending on which program you are using) is the problem. However, I only very recently set a couple of buttons to be pg up/down in Party and copy/paste everywhere else, so the problem existed before I made use of this feature.

Someone please help. It hurts me deeply to have this problem with my new mouse [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Old 04-13-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Logitech mouse conflicts with Autohotkey

One thing I forgot to mention that might be relevant:

The script uses auto-mouseover, meaning that I gain focus on any Party Poker window just by hovering my mouse over it, no click required.