Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Why I Hate Missouri -- You Should Too

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know much about the KU/Missouri rivalry, but why are is Missouri getting bashed for a few classless fans. Doesn't everyone have those?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but some fan groups are clearly worse than others, think Oakland Raiders.

Missouri has a fan group called the "Antlers." They wear dresses for every game and do goofy dances. They call players and coaches in the middle of the night all week leading up to games. They also hold up signs with the phone numbers of players, and their girlfriends.

So far, not all that bad, other than the dresses. They also come up with chants to taunt Nick Collison about his recently deceased grandfather. They make signs making fun of Roy Williams's deceased mother. There's also that time they were playing the Razorbacks and were at the team hotel as Arkansas was arriving with a pig's head on top of their car. They pull all kinds of tasteless crap over there.

And, don't even get me started on their cokehead former coach, Quinn Snyder. Or how they named their basketball arena after a 20-something girl who never attended their university or did anything of note (besides cheat through college leading Missouri to rename the arena).

Or Ricky Clemons who assaulted and choked a girl for not watching Roots with him, and had frequent conversations with the University president's wife who gave him such advice as "avoid dating white women" and hilariously made famous the phrase "them crackas be shakin" when referring to Mizzou administration.

Basically they've won one Big 12 title in it's 12 year history, women's softball. The short man complex makes for some ugly fans.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
missouri fans wear jean shorts

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this is the most inappropriate thing in the thread.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:31 PM

Missouri is probably just bitter from all the BS they've had to deal with recently.

The infamous Colorado 5th down? That was against Missouri.

That completely fluke kick the ball in the air TD on the last play for Nebraska? That was against Missouri.

Regardless I want Kansas to win and I think they will.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
missouri fans wear jorts

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 11-14-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Missouri is probably just bitter from all the BS they've had to deal with recently.

That completely fluke kick the ball in the air TD on the last play for Nebraska? That was against Missouri.

[/ QUOTE ]

None of that went through anyone's mind when making that shirt, they thought it was a funny and low blow to a state and team and I agree with CB if you remove context it is kind of funny and the shirt obv worked b/c it got everyone in an uproar. + I don't expect much else from that state to be honest--everyone time I have driven through it it has been filled w/ hillbilly's and child-beaters. But to say it was b/c of crappy previous luck is giving Mizzou too much credit.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As it is, this is incredibly douchey. Not just for the women and children thing, but also for the South vs. North thing. To me, anything that somehow shows support for the Confederate states is the epitomy of douchebaggery (i.e. hanging a Confederate flag).

[/ QUOTE ]

MUST

RESIST

POLITICS

HIJACK
Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 PM

I like Missouri becaue I thought Doug Smith was the [censored] back when I first really got into college basketball.

I like them now because I want Kansas to lose so that Oregon can go to the championship game. Go Pac-10.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate Colorado for that because it costed GT the championship. Tech finished undefeated, Colorado actually lost three games that year.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As it is, this is incredibly douchey. Not just for the women and children thing, but also for the South vs. North thing. To me, anything that somehow shows support for the Confederate states is the epitomy of douchebaggery (i.e. hanging a Confederate flag).

Justin, thank you for giving me another reason to root for the Jayhawks to go undefeated and get to the national championship game against Oregon.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you sound like a huge douche.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:46 PM

Does this thread make any otherwise disinterested parties interested in this game? I know I am.