Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 03:15 AM

Default Zeebo n\' Yeti Theroms

hey everyone,

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum but MSNL seems like the best place to get advice. Anyways, I have been reading posts for about 2 months now and have seen the two terms Zeebo Therom and Yeti Therom tossed around. Can anyone please explain these two topics in better detail?

P.S. most of the abbreviations that are tossed around here are pretty self-explainatory but there are a few I haven't caught...WTF does FTW mean?

Thanks for the help..
Old 02-28-2007, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Zeebo n\' Yeti Theroms

ftw = for the win

zeebo's theorem is that nobody can fold a full house in internet poker. so if you have 22 on a 223QQ board, just push it even if it's a huge overbet.

Yeti's theorem is that is someone 3 bets you on a dry flop and it's paired, it's usually air. For example, if the board is 449r, I bet, you raise and I 3 bet, I probably have nothing.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

zeebo's theorem is that nobody can fold a full house in internet poker. so if you have 22 on a 223QQ board, just push it even if it's a huge overbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

For example:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($400)
Button ($481.50)
SB ($709.60)
Hero ($475.50)
UTG ($543.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $4. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, Button calls $4, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($16) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($16) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, MP calls $12, Button folds, SB folds.

River: ($40) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero calls $471.50 (All-In), MP calls $396 (All-In).

Final Pot: $907.50
Old 02-28-2007, 05:34 AM

wow that hand was juicy Goldstone. I have utilized the Yeti therom wihtout even knowing what it was. I flopped a boat with 57s turn was a K and river was a huge blank. The Villian was a huge LAGtard, calling station donk. The pot was like $30 and I bet $370ish on the river and the guy snap calls with K10.

I also saw a post where someone was talking about a Reverse Zeebo? If I'm correct does that mean the flopp would come say 227. PFR C-bets the flop, Villian raises, PFR 3-bets the nuts (77,22). If the Zeebo therom states that the PFR 3rd bet is usually [censored], then the reverse Zeebo means he has it when he three bets? Sorry if thats confusing I'm just trying to grasp the concept.

Cheers
Old 02-28-2007, 05:41 AM

Zeebo therom is gold

Full Tilt Poker
$2/$4 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
4 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BTN: $460.70
SB: $337.2
Hero (BB): $418.6
UTG: $400

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6, 4 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $14</font>, BTN calls $14, SB folds, Hero calls $10

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($44, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $30</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $80</font>, UTG calls $50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($204, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $111</font>, UTG calls $111

<font color="black">River:</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($426, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all in for $217.60</font>, UTG calls all in for $195
Uncalled bet of $22.60 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Results:</font>
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (four of a kind, Jacks) and won $814
UTG had 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a full house, Jacks full of Sevens)
Final Pot: $814.00 ($2.00 rake)
Old 02-28-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow that hand was juicy Goldstone. I have utilized the Yeti therom wihtout even knowing what it was. I flopped a boat with 57s turn was a K and river was a huge blank. The Villian was a huge LAGtard, calling station donk. The pot was like $30 and I bet $370ish on the river and the guy snap calls with K10.

I also saw a post where someone was talking about a Reverse Zeebo? If I'm correct does that mean the flopp would come say 227. PFR C-bets the flop, Villian raises, PFR 3-bets the nuts (77,22). If the Zeebo therom states that the PFR 3rd bet is usually [censored], then the reverse Zeebo means he has it when he three bets? Sorry if thats confusing I'm just trying to grasp the concept.

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

problem with 3-betting a flopped house like that is that
1) nobody else has a piece, probably
2) most people dont know or apply yeti here to stack off with worse. it might be a sweet play against another 2+2er though.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Zeebo therom is gold

[/ QUOTE ]

My favourite example : http://www.pokerhand.org/?607585Z

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2007, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Change Yeti&lt;---&gt;Zeebo. (Yeti=3-bet bluff, Zeebo=Paired board)