Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Galo 3 Noob

More tips plz,
Old 09-26-2007, 08:17 PM

Well obviously each one is better suited to different situations.

With the bubble shield and shield re-generator, there's a couple of places where they can come in handy. One, when there is basically no cover around and/or you about to get killed and two, when you're with a group of teammates and are about to either launch an assault or try and hold a group attack off as defenders.

The other ones are a bit more obvious. Use the radar jammer when you either want to sneak in/out as well as vice versa. Drop the power drain when you don't want to be followed. And use the grav lift as a short cut (over height obstacles) to save time.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:48 PM

I specialize in slayer and team slayer, but I think this advice pretty much applies to all games. Eyes on radar almost as much as what is in front of you. You need to catch someone flanking you from side or behind for defensive purposes. Also eyes on radar to find victims first because all that matters is finding your enemy before he/she finds you. Getting the first shot in is like being on the button for the rest of the hand.

Know when to switch weapons. If you are in the open the the battle rifle with scope or the sniper rifle should be armed. Medium rand you should have the battle rifle equiped and close in so you can beat them down. In narrow halls arm up a pistol or shotgun. Shoot once then hit b when you're close for the win.

When your shield goes red or you need to reload, don't stay next to your opponent. Jump like crazy and run to cover or throw out the bubble shield until you get situated.

Study maps and the various spawn areas for items and weapons and power ups. Find optimal areas and develop and movement pattern that will keep you in the action and at an advantage. Also have a backup movement pattern.

If you ever play against someone really good then save the game field and study how they play and pick up techniques by following them throughout the match.

When traveling from one point to another then always point forward as if someone will pop up in front of you at any second. You can't look everywhere and do everything so pay attention to what's in front of you like you are driving and only adjust when your radar dictates.

Keep your eyes on the radar.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:58 PM

Above is pretty solid advice. Other tips to throw in are:

In general, if you get into a firefight with the correct weapon and full shield, avoid panicking and throwing a grenade. Just keep shooting.

Beat down. Beat down. Beat down. Learn how much damage a beat down does. Learn how much damage you need to do with every weapon before a beat down will finish the job. Once you get a feel for the minimum amount of damage for the assault rifle, you will start to own in close quarters.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:18 AM

The only thing I can think of is instead of aiming, use strafe to lock in on a target.

I don't know if this is standard or not, but I find it way easier to level the crosshair with their upper body then strafe back and forth to shoot them.

I think this works better against the computer than actual players though.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I can think of is instead of aiming, use strafe to lock in on a target.

I don't know if this is standard or not, but I find it way easier to level the crosshair with their upper body then strafe back and forth to shoot them.

I think this works better against the computer than actual players though.

[/ QUOTE ]

THIS is why jumping around works so well. If you keep the game vertical it's much more difficult. Don't just stand around firing.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:16 AM

This is all helpful - I am a complete noob. My typical Slayer match is 3 guys who score 25 points and me with 1 or 2, if I'm lucky.

Do I need to get better and increase my rating before I can play the other multiplayer games like capture the flag, etc? I can't seem to find them.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:30 AM

Another problem is that all th e crazy elite Halo 2 players are now ranked withe everybody else. Give it a week or so and the ranking system will really help you out.

Best advice I can give is only to reiterate a previous point of memorizing where weapons and spawn points are.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Best advice I can give is only to reiterate a previous point of memorizing where weapons and spawn points are.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, memorizing where the powerful weapons are (shotgun, sword, rocket launcher, etc...) and where invisibility and overshield are will help immensly.

Once you know where these things are you can create some nice lines to get from one place to the next the quickest, which will give you a huge advantage.

And like another poster said, everyone is pretty much equal right now and players on halo 2 that were ranked 15-30 (like me) are playing in games against players who have never played the game. You can spot these people because they win when the 2nd or 3rd place person has 10-15 less kills.