Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: Kendall traded...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think we win more games with Pennington but I wouldn't mind just putting KC in there for the rest of the year, our team isn't going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're giving up on the season after 2 tough games? You do realize we have 3 very winnable games coming up, right?

[ QUOTE ]
Another bright spot is Cotch. I loved the way he played today, he's such a dependable WR.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we can get him the ball.

[ QUOTE ]
Final note: Please fire Bob Sutton immed

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, I thought the D played pretty well. They're light years better than last year versus the run, still have pass rush problems. Barrett too remains horrible. But DRob played pretty well today, Vilma, Rhodes did too. Revis is a stud.

[/ QUOTE ]

A. I'm not necessarily giving up on the season, but do you really see the Jets making the playoffs? The best IMO they will go is 9-7 (and that is being v generous) and that won't do it. Plus this team has too many holes to go for a SB run.

B. The run defense was alright seeing how this is the first game McGahee hasn't torched us. But the defense in total HAS NOT played well. How can you defend a defense that has registered 0 turnovers and 0 sacks in 2 football games? I still can't believe Sutton didn't blitz a lot, it seemed to work against Clemens, I think it would be pretty successful against Boller. But I guess it isn't completely Sutton's fault, part of it goes to Mangini, who should stop trying to put square pegs into round holes.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A. I'm not necessarily giving up on the season, but do you really see the Jets making the playoffs? The best IMO they will go is 9-7 (and that is being v generous) and that won't do it. Plus this team has too many holes to go for a SB run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its week 2! Are you kidding me?

Re the D, I agree and thought we should have blitzed more. It probably isn't that simple but we need to pressure the QB and we simply haven't.

FWIW I thought the offensive play calling was pretty bad too. I was calling for screens, draws, counters, anything to make them pay for sending so many guys. It wasn't until the mid3rd-ish that they started throwing these in.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its week 2! Are you kidding me?

Re the D, I agree and thought we should have blitzed more. It probably isn't that simple but we need to pressure the QB and we simply haven't.

FWIW I thought the offensive play calling was pretty bad too. I was calling for screens, draws, counters, anything to make them pay for sending so many guys. It wasn't until the mid3rd-ish that they started throwing these in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Week 2, Week 7, Week 12, Week 15, it doesn't matter. If you REALLY think the Jets are a top 6 team in the AFC then then that's your opinion and I can respect that, but I certainly don't and I don't think there are a lot of people that do either. Don't get me wrong I would love to see them make it in, but with the way the team has played the past 2 weeks I am pessimistic. Philadelphia, Cinci, Pittsburgh, Dallas, NE and Tennessee will all be tough especially with the way we are playing right now.

Mangini said in his post game interview that Chad is still the starter. Not surprising at all but I loved what I saw from Clemens in the 4th Q, so I am a little disappointed.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are ignoring this user.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad it had to come to this but you my friend are a moron.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are ignoring this user.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad it had to come to this but you my friend are a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahha wow people are that childish? Amazing.

Only the most homer-est of homers think that this team has what it takes to go on a SB run in 2007. I love the Jets but get it through your head buddy, this team isn't good enough THIS YEAR.

I would love to hear your opinion on why this team can make it deep into the playoffs. And please enough of the "It's only week 2!" crap, I bet homers from every team that pretty much have no shot are saying the same thing.

Classic Jet fan/moron who cannot see the big picture.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:20 AM

i came into this season with guarded optimism in a tough conference with a tougher schedule...

that being said, did anyone really expect to win these first 2 games?? the bmore game was actually closer than i thought, forget if pennington were in there or not, it's a moot point and hard to argue whether we would have won...

to be honest, i'm not surprised by anything that has happened yet this season...

we have 3 decent matchups coming up, we could, possibly should, have 3 wins, 2 at least i would think after this stretch...

defense needs to step it up with the pressure, i mean, kyle boller just played well against us...pressure = TO, no surprise we're at 0 for both

blitzing would be easier if barrett had a clue how to cover someone though
Old 09-17-2007, 09:07 AM

Default Official Week 2 Jets-Ravens thread

All,

Most Jets fans had the team starting off 0-2.

The Jets can win four of of the next five.

Jets play home against Miami (w)
At Buffalo (w)
At the NY Giants (quasi away game) (w)
Home against the Eagles (L)
At Cincinnati (?)<---- no defense.

Clemens looked to play much better at the end of the than the beginning.

At least this team never quit. The Jets started the second half down 17-3 and could have tanked, however they continued to gut it out.

Did anyone else notice the player on the Ravens that broke his wrist?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i came into this season with guarded optimism in a tough conference with a tougher schedule...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I predicted the Jets to finish between 7-9 and 9-7.
We have a much tougher schedule this year, and teams will take the Jets more serious.

[ QUOTE ]
that being said, did anyone really expect to win these first 2 games?? the bmore game was actually closer than i thought, forget if pennington were in there or not, it's a moot point and hard to argue whether we would have won...

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a feeling the Jets would start 0-2.

[ QUOTE ]
to be honest, i'm not surprised by anything that has happened yet this season...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I even expected the Chad to go down.

[ QUOTE ]
we have 3 decent matchups coming up, we could, possibly should, have 3 wins, 2 at least i would think after this stretch...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed the Jets need to win 4 out of the next 6 games, which can happen.

Home Miami
Away Buffalo
Away NY Giants (quasi away game)
Home Philadelphia
At Cincinnati
Home Buffalo
Old 09-17-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that being said, did anyone really expect to win these first 2 games??

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I hoped for a split.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me either.

[ QUOTE ]
defense needs to step it up with the pressure, i mean, kyle boller just played well against us...pressure = TO, no surprise we're at 0 for both

[/ QUOTE ]

play calling has a lot to do with it IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
blitzing would be easier if barrett had a clue how to cover someone though

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, if they have time to work on him they'll still beat him. Just try to hurry the QB and hope.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:37 PM

barrett played fairly decent i thought actually, he was constantly in bad matchups, against heap, the ravens had a really tall WR against him. I think the biggest problem right now is the play calling. Bob suttons blitzs have been completely ineffective and im pretty sure boller was under pressure only twice the entire game. Then there was the offense, which didnt call any plays downfield till the 4th quarter. I'm sure you all want to anoint clemens as the Jets leader but aside from the 4th quarter he did not play that well. There were 3 plays where the ravens were clearly blitzing and he did not pick up on it. in fact, he didnt even realize they were coming when he got sacked that the commentators said he was blind sided, even tho they werent coming from the blind side.

this team is fully capable of being a top 10 team. all the tools are there, we have almost all the same defensive players from a few years ago when we went deep into the playoffs and the defense was really really good. Its time for the play calling to get more aggressive. Even with all the miscues, i blame this loss on the coaching