Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: The Photography Thread

Also, if you go to www.prenhall.com/london you can access some companion guides for some of Barbara London's books. It's a good work around to actually buying a book.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:40 PM

Old 02-14-2007, 06:53 PM

Wow, I really like the top 2. Did you shop the 1st one? The colors look extra vivid.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incredible. I love this picture.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I'm in a Black and White photography class, but if you guys want I can suggest some ideas for contests and I wouldn't have a problem running it. Unfortunately, all my pictures right now are being taken on film and I have to develop them myselves (although I have a grasp on how to develop film, we haven't printed anything yet).

I think bi-weekly would be best, but it's up to you. Once we start developing prints, I'll upload some of my stuff.

My suggestions would end up being more along the lines of becoming focused on various aspects of photography. Light, perspective, depth of field, etc, although I'm sure I could come up with more topical things like shooting animals, shooting people, etc. Or...um...we have an assignment for a month from now is to take a self-portrait of your sexuality as seen from the opposite sex. I might skip over that one.

Anyway, let me know. I would need thread-starting powers in this thread to start a contest, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

let's start with topical. I think it will give a chance for greater involvement from different people who may not know as much about photography. We should probably try to focus on topics that are available to everyone (like don't have a topic be flowers when it's too cold for much variety for most people).

Also, I wish I was still shooting b&w developing my own prints. I loved the control I had over it. What kind of film are you shooting right now?
Old 02-14-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I really like the top 2. Did you shop the 1st one? The colors look extra vivid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I took what was there and brought it out a little, but the colors were vivid at sunset so it didn't take much. You can see where I brought down the bricks in front of her a little bit.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I took what was there and brought it out a little, but the colors were vivid at sunset so it didn't take much. You can see where I brought down the bricks in front of her a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, yeah.

As to what kind of film we're shooting, the class is just 35mm. I guess we might be able to bring some other stuff in, but everybody but the TAs are using 35mm.

Anyway, would shooting "in between" be too difficult? It's very broad and you can take it to mean literally as in between two buildings, two people, etc., or you can make it a little more abstract and try to shoot in between focus, two times, two emotions, or stuff like that. What do you think?
Old 02-14-2007, 10:40 PM

My back yard, July and January. I miss my "drive-in".
Old 02-15-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, yeah.

As to what kind of film we're shooting, the class is just 35mm. I guess we might be able to bring some other stuff in, but everybody but the TAs are using 35mm.

Anyway, would shooting "in between" be too difficult? It's very broad and you can take it to mean literally as in between two buildings, two people, etc., or you can make it a little more abstract and try to shoot in between focus, two times, two emotions, or stuff like that. What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

"in between" seems a little too broad. I was thinking more topics like flowers, or candid photographs, or architecture, or nature, or water or something like that.

What kind of 35mm film? Is there a particular brand and ISO they are having you shoot at? Like Kodak 400ASA or anything?

Is this a highschool or college course?
Old 02-15-2007, 02:16 AM

How about street scenes as the first topic? Everyone should be able to handle that.