Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Rep chairman petitioning Ron Paul from debate 3 HELP

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/RPRNC08/ sign up please

Dr.Paul finished first in the 1st debate look at the polls, never mention. He was in 1st in the 2nd debate until the last 8 minutes then he dropped to second where he finished. Now they don’t even want him in the 3rd debate.

Michigan party chairman Saul Anuzis has announced a petition of Republican National Committee members asking the Republican National Committee to bar Congressman Ron Paul from future debates due to Congressman Paul’s comments in the second Republican presidential debate that Mr. Anuzis characterizes as "off the wall and out of whack";

WHEREAS, the terrorist motivation comments made by Congressman Paul are, at minimum, supported by the following:

The 911 Commission Report: During the 9/11 Commission hearings, Vice Chair Lee Hamilton asked, "What motivated them to do it?" FBI Special Agent James Fitzgerald answered, "I believe they feel a sense of outrage against the United States. They identify with the Palestinian problem, they identify with people who oppose repressive regimes, and I believe they tend to focus their anger on the United States." 9/11 Commission testimony June 16, 2004
Old 05-18-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Rep chairman petitioning Ron Paul from debate 3 HELP

wow what a joke. How can people be so stupid?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:03 PM

People need to call the RNC and tell them that they'll never contribute another penny if these "Anti-American", "Anti-Free Speech" goons are allowed to hijack the Republican party.

Ron Paul is a conservative in the truest sense and deserves the republican nomination.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:11 PM

I can't believe you guys really think these polls are accurate. You realize it's just a bunch of Democrats pumping up his votes? This guy DOES NOT STAND A CHANCE. Our efforts are much better spent elsewhere.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:22 PM

Dr. Paul isn't very strong in the polls (0% this week....he's been as high as 2%), but he's getting good Internet buzz. Given that and the media attention, hopefully he'll be in for one more debate.

I signed the petition. Let's all sign it. It's good for us to have Paul in the debates to articulate a vision of a much smaller, less expansive federal government.

---------------------------------

Latest Gallup Poll: May 10-13, 2007

First Choice for 2008 Democratic Nomination
Based on Democrats/Democratic leaners
May 10-13, 2007

Hillary Clinton, 35%
Barack Obama, 26%
Al Gore, 16%
John Edwards, 12%
Bill Richardson, 2%
Joe Biden, 2%
Al Sharpton, 1%
Christopher Dodd, 1%
Wesley Clark, 1%
Dennis Kucinich, *
Mike Gravel, 0%
Other, 1%
No opinion, 4%

* Less than 0.5%

--------------------------------------------------

First Choice for 2008 Republican Nomination
Based on Republicans/Republican leaners
May 10-13, 2007

Rudy Giuliani, 29%
John McCain, 23%
Fred Thompson, 12%
Mitt Romney, 8%
Newt Gingrich, 6%
Sam Brownback, 2%
Tommy Thompson, 1%
Mike Huckabee, 1%
Tom Tancredo, 1%
George Pataki, 1%
Duncan Hunter, *
Jim Gilmore, *
Chuck Hagel, *
Ron Paul, 0%
Other, 2%
None, 5%
No opinion, 8%

* Less than 0.5%
Old 05-18-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Our efforts are much better spent elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think our efforts extend beyond trying to keep Paul in the debates. If he stays in, our interests benefit, as Paul's articulation of a smaller, limited federal government stands in clear contrast to the big government solutions proposed by the other Republican candidates.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Our efforts are much better spent elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think our efforts extend beyond trying to keep Paul in the debates. If he stays in, our interests benefit, as Paul's articulation of a smaller, limited federal government stands in clear contrast to the big government solutions proposed by the other Republican candidates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the other GOP candidates are also paying lip service to the benefits of a smaller, limited federal govt (whether they mean it or not), so the contrast isn't all that sharp.

I have mixed feelings on Ron Paul. His heart's in the right place, but he's not capable of expressing the serious libertarian ideas that he believes in a serious manner. To be blunt, he comes off as a whack job (good word!), and he embarrasses me as a libertarian.

I find myself cringing, hoping that people that I know will think he's just a GOP crazy. I don't want to see folks dismissing libertarian ideas just because the current spokesman sounds like a nut-case.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the other GOP candidates are also paying lip service to the benefits of a smaller, limited federal govt

[/ QUOTE ]

True (to a degree...haven't heard much about truly limited government), but their follow-on sentences are typically something about a great new government program.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:16 AM

Just FYI the guy who brought up barring him from the debate dropped it heading into the weekend. He didn't exactly find a lot of support.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just FYI the guy who brought up barring him from the debate dropped it heading into the weekend. He didn't exactly find a lot of support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true and do you have a link?

Good news.