Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2006, 10:33 AM

Default Post your unpaired hands...

Another request for the book I'm writing.

I'm looking for mass unpaired hands to critique. QJs, AKo, whatever you have that raised preflop and missed the flop. Considering this isn't the kind of hand that gets posted very often it might be a good exercise. I do need reads of VP$IP/PFR/Agg to make reasonable comments.

Krishan
Old 07-24-2006, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Post your unpaired hands...

This guy is 68/18/1.5/400 hands 5-6 handed, similar stats 3-handed strangely but only over 50 hands. Has donked alot but not haven't seen him showdown,

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
3 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Results:
Final pot: 8BB
Old 07-24-2006, 11:49 AM

Seems bad. There are two options. One is to raise the flop and not see a showdown. The other is to play it passively on the flop and either raise the turn for a free showdown or call straight down.

I think raising the flop commits you to a turn fold here. FWIW getting a read on the donkers donking range is of course crucial. I don't mind the flop raise line at all so long as you are prepared to fold the turn.

As it is your turn call getting 7-1 with a dirty 6 outer seems really bad. You need 6.7-1 to call the turn and that assumes you have full overcard outs.

Krishan
Old 07-24-2006, 11:52 AM

Who will publish ur book?

and are you sucessful player urself?
Old 07-24-2006, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who will publish ur book?

and are you sucessful player urself?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm co-authoring with Byron Jacobs. His publishing company will publish the book.

I've play 20/40 short at PP since January of this year. I worked my way up through the limits at party. I've also coached a ton of people. (I'm not coaching now though). I'm pretty successful. If you search for krishan in ss I was quite the prolific strategist from 05/2005 to the opening of Mid-high shorthand.

Krishan
Old 07-24-2006, 12:22 PM

Sounds interesting. Did you have 4BB+/100 win rate over 80k hands?

utg is typical 40/20 agressive player. MP is a retard who bluffs a lot when u show any weakness and raises top pair hands if u bet, he is a maniac. Button cold caller is 60/8 player.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Conversor de manos

Preflop: Héroe is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Héroe 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Héroe calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Héroe bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, Héroe folds.

Turn: (11.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Button checks.

Bote Final: 13.25 BB
Old 07-24-2006, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds interesting. Did you have 4BB+/100 win rate over 80k hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Check the flop. Call the flop raise. That flop raise is MUCH more likely to be a pocket pair than a J considering his position and the position of the field and the preflop action.

Don't post the results of hands. Just cut it off when you make your last important decision. The fact that he checked the river could be influencing my thinking.

Krishan
Old 07-24-2006, 12:28 PM

Krishan,

When do you expect this book to be finished and can you give a quick summary of what it hopes to contain (i.e. is it directed at online poker or not, etc.)?
Old 07-24-2006, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Krishan,

When do you expect this book to be finished and can you give a quick summary of what it hopes to contain (i.e. is it directed at online poker or not, etc.)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's be out early 2007. It will contain as much as I can fit in about what I know about shorthand poker. All the tricks in my bag. I've only played live twice so I'm drawing all my conclusions from online poker and I intend for it to be used at online poker agression levels.

Krishan
Old 07-24-2006, 12:45 PM

Thanks, sounds good, will look forward to it.