Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2006, 05:12 PM

Default Probably very standard TT hand

The original preflop raiser is 82/44/0.7 over 34 hands, which isn't many, but it's obvious he's got a screw loose.

The preflop capper is something like 38/12 over like ten hands.

I thought about raising, but that didn't seem right and iif I get raised, I have to call to spike my set. Folding seems weak, so basically I'm left with a bunch of options, none of which seems right.

This is probably standard, but I feel like I've been spewing in spots like these lately, and I want to make sure I've got the basics down.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero?
Old 07-20-2006, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Probably very standard TT hand

calls and reevaulates on the turn.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But do I get any information if I call? Is it not better to reraise and see what happens? If a dangerous card hit turn then we probably can take a free turn this way?!
Old 07-20-2006, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But do I get any information if I call? Is it not better to reraise and see what happens? If a dangerous card hit turn then we probably can take a free turn this way?!

[/ QUOTE ]

free card isn't worth much when you have a 2 outer. it's better to call and if a dangerous card hits, we fold.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:36 PM

reraising also never folds a better hand, might make qq or even a weakly played kk slow down, and probably gets me 3bet a lot
Old 07-21-2006, 06:29 AM

Considering he capped preflop, I'm probably folding. Otherwise simply call and hope he has AQ or AK and no scare cards come.

Otherwise, if we call and no scare cards come, do we just keep calling it down and pray he didn't have the J (AJ or JJ)?

Onnel
Old 07-21-2006, 06:40 AM

Call. BB must feel very uncomfortable with his big cards (given stats) and utg is padding the pot.

What has his capping range been over these 34 hands? Some Lags raise anything, but don't 3bet or cap without AK AA KK QQ.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:53 AM

Seems like all of the potential capping hands you all find reasonable for BB (JJ+ and AJs+) ONLY JJ might not bet out on the flop after capping. Doesn't it seem impossible to fold or raise here given that every hand except AQ and AK still has us beat and will almost assuredly bet (unless we're drawing to an underset)?

preflop cappers don't ever seem to check unless they're trapping with something huge...
Old 07-22-2006, 05:53 AM

Well here are my thoughts:

Folding is clearly wrong on the flop getting 14.5:1 and closing the action. I stoved UTG @ 44% pfr and BB with a capping range of QQ-AA,AK.

----

Board: 5d Js 5s
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 18.1918 % 17.86% 00.33% { 44+, A2s+, K2s+, Q4s+, J6s+, T6s+, 97s+, 87s, 76s, A2o+, K6o+, Q8o+, J8o+, T8o+, 98o }
Hand 2: 52.3507 % 52.06% 00.29% { QQ+, AKs, AKo }
Hand 3: 29.4575 % 29.34% 00.12% { TdTh }

------

We have ~30% equity on the flop. I think I like calling and seeing what the turn card brings along with BB's action. If it's a non A,K and BB checks, UTG bets, I think I like raise/folding the turn (most turn cards).

If it's a blank turn and BB bets, UTG folds, and its now HU, I think we might have to be committed to showdown unless you have a good read that BB will check rivers with unimproved overcards and always bet with a made hand. If not an argument can be made for raise/folding the turn here for a free showdown. Odds will be offering us 9:2 to showdown, while our equity sky rockets to ~40% with BB out of the picture. AK will call your raise and fold river UI (or maybe call if high WTSD). For the times BB holds AK, I'd like to squeeze all the BBs out of him I can.

-Caddy
Old 07-22-2006, 12:01 PM

Caddy, I like just calling the turn and betting the river if checked to. I think AK almost always pays off on the river so we get 2 bets in either way, but raising the turn is more dangerous.