Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: lost 8K my story help and advice

I think you're being strung along, Bobo. I don't buy any of this for a second.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:35 PM

Follow my advise carefully. Step by step.

#1. Stop gabling COMPLETELY. Forget it exists.
#2. Tell you mom and explain her how you got to that point and tell her how you are going to get out of it.
#3. Stop GAMBLING.
#4. Put money away every month and pay your friends back slowly, tell them the truth and be good on payments.
#5. Seek professional help at GA and have your mom come with you.
#6. Work out to get through the miserable day.
#7. Don't ever gamble, do not borrow more money, you will only be in more debt, because once you win, you will borrow again and play again.

Good luck
Old 06-27-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, more than likely. On the small chance that this kid's for real, I'd hate for us all to insult him and send him along on some stupid path. The 5 minutes or so I've spent on this would have been worth it if that's the case. Otherwise, I'm sure MH will come through and ban the troll. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Follow my advise carefully. Step by step.

#1. Stop gabling COMPLETELY. Forget it exists.
#2. Tell you mom and explain her how you got to that point and tell her how you are going to get out of it.
#3. Stop GAMBLING.
#4. Put money away every month and pay your friends back slowly, tell them the truth and be good on payments.
#5. Seek professional help at GA and have your mom come with you.
#6. Work out to get through the miserable day.
#7. Don't ever gamble, do not borrow more money, you will only be in more debt, because once you win, you will borrow again and play again.

Good luck

[/ QUOTE ]
NH.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Again, the answer is obvious. Seek help (Gambler's Anonymous?), STOP gambling, start paying your friend back. Although you are being very pathetic, all of your other proposed "solutions" are FAR more pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gambler's Anonymous and other twelve step programs are colossal failures. If this poster weren't clearly FOS and were a problematic gambler I can't think of a worse place for him to go.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, more than likely. On the small chance that this kid's for real, I'd hate for us all to insult him and send him along on some stupid path. The 5 minutes or so I've spent on this would have been worth it if that's the case. Otherwise, I'm sure MH will come through and ban the troll. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you're a nice guy and erring on the side of caution. That's cool. You've given some good advice. But when the guy starts asking questions like "Do you think I should tell my mom?" red flags start shooting up everywhere for me. If true it's pretty obvious what this guy needs to do - and that doesn't include making pity posts here.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. im done with poker

GOOD.

2. I need advice on the follow:

How to manage with such a horrible day?

It may not seem like it now, but $3,500 is not that much money. Pick yourself up and move on. You'll have worse days in your life, you'll have better.

How do I move on and continue with my life?

It's not as easy for some people as my glib answer above. If that's the case for you, maybe you need to seek out some professional help.

How do I look at myself in the mirror?

A lot easier than you will if you keep gambling and/or steal to try to win it back. If you move on from this and pay back your debt, you'll have nothing to be ashamed of.

What do I do about the 3.5k?

Pay it off bit by bit. $3,500 may seem like a lot of money to you now, but it isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bobo is right $3500 is not a lot of money.. Not by a long shot.

Just take a deep breath. Pay your friend back slowly. If he does not accept it, tell him tough, he really does not have an option.

You seem to atleast have your head on your shoulders.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Again, the answer is obvious. Seek help (Gambler's Anonymous?), STOP gambling, start paying your friend back. Although you are being very pathetic, all of your other proposed "solutions" are FAR more pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gambler's Anonymous and other twelve step programs are colossal failures. If this poster weren't clearly FOS and were a problematic gambler I can't think of a worse place for him to go.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh...don't know anyone who's gone through GA, but I know a couple of people who have gone through AA programs...one hit, one is trying again...and again...and again. I think they work for some, not for others.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:41 PM

Cmon dude, you were on the right way. Steal cc, get some money on and play 10/20 or 25/50 till you got the money to pay your friend. You won't be happy until the end of your days knowing you gambled your friends money away and didn't have the balls to get it back.

Also, TR in BBV then.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:42 PM

Given that every single* thread that OP has started in this forum has been locked, can OP please be stopped from starting new threads?

*by "every single thread" i mean "every single thread I could be bothered to see"
Closed Thread