Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Gobboboy aussie millions interview

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He comes off like a real prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah right. Gobbo is the man, you are a tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the insightful comment.

Judging from your post its little wonder you're a fan of Gobbo's interview.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:37 PM

I've watched Gobbo playing on stars but believe me, he is a lot better than some of yall
Old 01-29-2007, 01:14 AM

Looks like his lapdogs are coming to defend him.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:49 PM

Really good player -- hopefully tact and class come along as he ages. I'd never even think about giving a public interview with that tone, no matter what I actually thought in my own head.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:13 PM

Old 01-30-2007, 08:39 AM

Old 01-31-2007, 09:52 AM

Jimmy,

All the hype and hysteria about Gobboboy in the lead up to the Aussie Millions. A 19 y.o. taking on the world, great story. However, your arrogance and disrespectful attitude leaves alot to be desired.

“….99% of the field could not tie their shoes. They were complete idiots. A few good pros: Negreanu, Ivey, Hansen, Cunningham, Antonius, some people I respect. A few others maybe. A lot of the pros I played against were dead money.”

Lets have a look at some hands against complete idiots as reported by PokerNews.

Jimmy All – In (should have been eliminated)
<font color="red"> </font>
Let me be the first to tell you Jimmy Fricke is blessed. On a board reading Fricke moves all in with , only to be called by the young Robert Kay who holds . A great call by Rob, the turn is the and with everyone in the crowd watching the case peels off for Robert to jump up and scream his lungs out, while Jimmy remains motionless and yet again scoop in another big pot. The way things are going its Jimmy Fricke's to lose.

Jimmy All – In Again
On a flop of , Haralabos Voulgaris checked, Jimmy Fricke bet out, Voulgaris check-raised all in and Fricke called with . Voulgaris showed for two pair. The turn was which gave Fricke the flush and his hand held up. He doubled up and is now back up to 600K.
Jimmy gets lucky! Again

Can you say dominated?
All the money went in on the flop of Q-9-2. Shaniac had Q-J and had Jimmy Fricke dominated with Q-10. Fricke caught running cards (King on the turn and a Jack on the river) to river a straight against Shaniac. That pot was close to 3M and a disgusted Shaniac headed to the rail in 19th place after getting his soul sucked out on the river. Fricke is the first player over 3M in this tournament.

Jimmy gets lucky! Luckbox….you decide
Jimmy Fricke took 10-10 against Nathan Bobik’s K-K and he promptly flopped a 10. A stunned Bobik headed to the rail in 17th place as Jimmy Fricke’s amazing string of luck continued.

There are more examples but basically I just wanted to put my point across. Humility and modesty Jimmy! You got very lucky during the Aussie Millions, I don’t think you had a right to disrespect the Australian Poker Public with your crude comments. I know there is a large contingent of Gobboboy fans on this forum….however, you may have lost a few after this interview.

I still wish Gobboboy all the best, I just hope he has learnt a valuable lesson from his Aussie Millions experience.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:19 AM

Deleted by me.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jimmy,

All the hype and hysteria about Gobboboy in the lead up to the Aussie Millions. A 19 y.o. taking on the world, great story. However, your arrogance and disrespectful attitude leaves alot to be desired.

“….99% of the field could not tie their shoes. They were complete idiots. A few good pros: Negreanu, Ivey, Hansen, Cunningham, Antonius, some people I respect. A few others maybe. A lot of the pros I played against were dead money.”

Lets have a look at some hands against complete idiots as reported by PokerNews.

Let me be the first to tell you Jimmy Fricke is blessed. On a board reading Fricke moves all in with , only to be called by the young Robert Kay who holds . A great call by Rob, the turn is the and with everyone in the crowd watching the case peels off for Robert to jump up and scream his lungs out, while Jimmy remains motionless and yet again scoop in another big pot. The way things are going its Jimmy Fricke's to lose.

Jimmy All – In Again
On a flop of , Haralabos Voulgaris checked, Jimmy Fricke bet out, Voulgaris check-raised all in and Fricke called with . Voulgaris showed for two pair. The turn was which gave Fricke the flush and his hand held up. He doubled up and is now back up to 600K.
Jimmy gets lucky! Again

Can you say dominated?
All the money went in on the flop of Q-9-2. Shaniac had Q-J and had Jimmy Fricke dominated with Q-10. Fricke caught running cards (King on the turn and a Jack on the river) to river a straight against Shaniac. That pot was close to 3M and a disgusted Shaniac headed to the rail in 19th place after getting his soul sucked out on the river. Fricke is the first player over 3M in this tournament.

Jimmy Fricke took 10-10 against Nathan Bobik’s K-K and he promptly flopped a 10. A stunned Bobik headed to the rail in 17th place as Jimmy Fricke’s amazing string of luck continued.

There are more examples but basically I just wanted to put my point across. Humility and modesty Jimmy! You got very lucky during the Aussie Millions, I don’t think you had a right to disrespect the Australian Poker Public with your crude comments. I know there is a large contingent of Gobboboy fans on this forum….however, you may have lost a few after this interview.

I still wish Gobboboy all the best, I just hope he has learnt a valuable lesson from his Aussie Millions experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

QQ against KK: I had nearly 35k at the 100/200 level if I lost this hand. I have no idea why people said I was going to be out if I lost this hand. I had a monster stack even if I lost at this point.

T8ss against Haralabos' 77 on the QQ4ss flop: I'm a coinflip here against his hand, and I just got done losing two gigantic 1 million chip pots with an open ended straight flush draw against a set and then the nut flush draw and an over card against a shortstack's not very well played top and bottom pair. So winning this coinflip to double up to about 2/5 of what I had twenty minutes ago is not very 'lucky.'

The suckout against Shane was a bad call by me but I got there. This was the hand of the tournament, and I sucked out. But I STILL HAD MORE CHIPS THAN HIM.

The TT v KK hand was standard. We were playing 5 handed and he had about 25 bb's. How the hell do you expect me to get away from it? Once I reraise there's no way I can fold.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jimmy,

Jimmy All – In Again
Jimmy gets lucky! Again

Can you say dominated?

[/ QUOTE ]

You must not play many poker tournaments...

Is it not true that in order to win a big tournament, you not only have to get lucky, but get lucky multiple times?

Most likely you will have to win at least 1 coinflip for all your chips. And you will probably have to win some significant pot with a suckout.

Now in order to get lucky, you obviously have to play well and get your self into these favorable situations.

And of course, in those "live updates" you probably never hear about some of the horrible beats Jimmy took along the way.

Sure Jimmy ran well, but he also had to play well. Those two things are absoutly needed in order to make it deep in a poker tournament.

Congrats on your success gobbo.