Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 07:01 AM

Default Re: Another playalong.....TT.

Flop: Raise
Old 07-28-2006, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry Miles, you weren't at this table.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (13.67SB, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

You know to play on you have to raise here
Old 07-28-2006, 10:18 AM

Raise because both opponents are aggressive and aware. This all looks spewtastic though.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:35 AM

I either fold or cap preflop. Since folding makes for a real short playalong, I guess I'll cap. I doubt this makes a big difference in the long run either way. The reason why I don't like calling is because if the other players are awake and recognize me as a TAG, their radar is going to go off if I call 3 bets cold, so I might as well go ahead and cap if I'm in.

I'm going to call the flop with intention of raising a safe-looking turn card. This will suck if CO has a big overpair and 3-bets me, but it's the only plan that might realistically fold out UTG.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:55 PM

Preflop on this hand, I cap/call. I do not think it matters much.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (13.67SB, 3 players)

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a perfect opportunity to wait to the turn to raise a non-scare card.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:00 PM

PF - usualyl cap here (or fold if they are tight pf raisers). Is there anything to be said about calling and seeing if UTG has a cap-worthy hand?

Flop - 3 handed I call. UTG limp-RR would be a pretty significant show of strength, overcards aren't folding to a raise b/c of the pot size. A call would likely give us better definition of UTG's hand and raising a 'safe' turn card would protect our hand much more than just raising the flop.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
6 players
Converter

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a perfect opportunity to wait to the turn to raise a non-scare card.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best time to wait would be if you could put them on a flush draw or str draw.

Cap flop, raise turn.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
6 players
Converter

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The best time to wait would be if you could put them on a flush draw or str draw.

Cap flop, raise turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best time to wait is ANYTIME the pot is this large and betting on the flop will not protect your hand as well as a bet on the turn, not just when someone might have a flush/straight draw. SMD
Old 07-28-2006, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anything to be said about calling and seeing if UTG has a cap-worthy hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, that's why I said it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
A call would likely give us better definition of UTG's hand and raising a 'safe' turn card would protect our hand much more than just raising the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't care much about "protection." I care about value, whether that be through getting more bets with the best hand or getting out when I'm drawing to a set. Raise the flop, and if you're 3bet, call with odds to spike a set on the turn, otherwise fold to CO's turn lead. UTG should be calling two cold on the flop with AK anyways.