Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2006, 03:28 PM

Default (99) easy turn fold?

Villain seems to be a TAG over 40 hands. Specifically 28/17/6 (very aggressive)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

At the time it seemed like the right play, but I can see AK taking this line, with the gutshot two overs, and a fantastic chance to fold a smaller PP, which is exactly what my flop c/r represents.

Edit: Improved read to include aggression.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:30 PM

Default Re: (99) easy turn fold?

it's very tough to defend against a semibluff, especially in a tough spot like this one when he knows that you know that you are crushed or he has a ten outer. easy fold.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:18 AM

On this board, I don't think I'd bother checkraising the flop.

Although it's hard to know how aggressive Villain is really after just 40 hands, early indications are that he may be quite aggressive. And I'm thinking you're unlikely to be a favorite versus his range.

A flop that brings a wheel draw to most overcard hands is an awkward one to play medium pocket pairs on, out of position. So I don't actually see any options for you that I like. But I'd probably take a more passive approach, with the idea of just giving up if an ace or 3 falls on the turn. I wouldn't be so fond of a K or even the actual Q on the turn either, though.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:24 AM

Against such an agressive opponent, can't we count on him betting the flop and turn UI? We'd take the c/c, c/c bet line if the board stays friendly.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:26 AM

Without a read I definitely call down.