Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 12-01-2007, 08:06 PM

Default SB Special: value bet or check raise?

Table is relatively loose-passive. Input on all street is appreciated. Is my flop donk wrong? Turn check-call OK (with three new outs)? What's my river play when I hit my baby flush?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>
Old 12-01-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: SB Special: value bet or check raise?

Considering my hand got better on the turn I'd probably bet again. The river is a bet considering how passive the table is.

Is the WSU in your name the one in Pullman? I graduated from there in '90.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:15 PM

:g:

The flop bet is not a donk since its made in tempo. I like turn check because you often get raised by an ace forcing you to put in 2 BB to get HU with only straight and flush outs (its not a disaster, but its worse than getting two callers or a free card).
River I think its close, if CO has an ace, he is betting it and he will likely pay you off. If you check you might convince SB to put one more bet in before you raise. Against stronger opponents I think you should bet.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:26 PM

I don't know about the river, a lot of draws came in, someone in late position may just check a hand they would call with.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:31 PM

turn check &gt; bet imo

just bet the river
Old 12-01-2007, 08:59 PM

I would check the flop, because you dont know whether you will get enough callers to make your bet for value.

It also tends to make your hand obvious to some players when you bet a flush draw on the flop and then check unimproved on the turn.

I would also bet on the river, as there is no guarantee that the CO will bet. However, you may get a call or calls from weaker hands.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:00 PM

check the flop, as played check the turn, bet the river
Old 12-01-2007, 11:38 PM

clearly you bet here considering the way it was played.

The flop bet wasn't something I would have done.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:58 AM

obv bet/call
Old 12-02-2007, 03:33 AM

bet the river...i would rather be sure to get one bet in rather than risk a check behind...the 3rd flush card falling could kill action...CO likely has SB on a flush draw and could be fearful of check-raise...i would bet out, figuring my 2 flush cards cripple chances sb is on flush draw...i think its more likely SB has middle or bottom pair or straight draw...anyway, to me its worth a bet on river, if needed call a raise

on flop the bet out is good, i want to build pot plus when i have low flush draw i figure i have the equivalent of 7 clean outs...with 7 clean i figure i have around 30% chance of winning, and with 3 others i think i have an overlay, also sb has shown no strength so perhaps i am even stronger than 30%...i'd like to give those with middling hands such as gut shot or middle pair a headache...if i have two callers my overlay isn't there, but i do have others more likely to call big bets on the turn or river if my flush comes in--pot will be bigger---if only 1 caller i gain bluff equity for bets on turn/river...anyway its a small bet round so i don't mind not making bets the are strickly +ev here

on the turn my action is more read dependant--are the villains loose and how will they react to your 2 barrel? i don't see a bet on the turn being justified as +ev for the turn bet amount only - 7 clean flush outs plus 4 more for a straight gives 11 outs, only 23-24% chance of improving to win with only 2 other players...given the -ev of the bet on the turn, i would need to factor in fold equity/implied odds offered by a river bet if we make our hand/and likely action of villains...if villains raise back our implied odds get messed up

anyway, that's how i play if not attempting to change up

ps...sorry if this seems a little jumbled and doesn't flow smooth...i wrote this response on my laptop while laying on my couch watching football