Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: BJLTNYK/nutshot 07-08 CBB Season Thread

Gotta run out, so don't have time for a lengthy writeup... here's the plays for today from me:

2U:
Loyola MD -1.5

1U:
Butler -11
K State -22
UNC Greensboro +17
Dartmouth +14
Fordham -4.5
Tennessee -17.5
UC Santa Barbara -4

season: 4-5, -3.6u
Old 11-09-2007, 04:38 PM

11-9-07

Last night: 1-0-0 +0.91u
Overall: 5-4-0 +0.55u

Tonight's plays:
Fordham -4.5 1u
Butler 1H -6 1u
Butler -11 2u
Loyola MD -1.5 1u
UNC Greensboro +17 1u
VMI 1H -3 1u

Lots of games tonight so spent alot of the last night sifting through team info trying to narrow down the slate. Fordham is returning one of the most experienced squads in the country and it's a make or break year for Coach Whittenberg. I love Butler tonight..they lost Crone and Ligon but still return most of their talented team from last year including some new recruits. They handled Ball St. with ease last year with minimal inputs from Crone and Ligon. Loyola MD has one of the top scoring talents in the country in Gerald Brown and could win this game by himself. GA Tech should have some growing pains in the beginning of the season. Yes, Gani Lawal is an amazing talent who will help but losing Crittenton and Young early could be tough to overcome. Greensboro is a tough squad who should be able to hang tough. Lastly, the high powered offense of VMI will return this year. The coach has decided to keep with the run and gun and I don't see any way that Northern Colorado can keep up.

Good luck all!
Old 11-09-2007, 09:39 PM

I added 1u VMI 2H -2.

Really expect them to pull this one out.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:36 AM

UCLA/Port St 2H U70

15-23 in 1H for UCLA...don't see how much more their offense can do. They only scored 36 even with that great shooting.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:55 AM

great call. i wish i saw it before now
Old 11-10-2007, 05:56 PM

Here's another instance of the "L" word in the SB forum this week. Except its a different L word.

We LOVE the BYU Cougars today -9.5 @ LBSU.
Here's a quote from the LBSU Blue Ribbon Preview that sums things up well:

[ QUOTE ]
Last season, Long Beach State had it all. Skill. Athleticism. Leadership. And tons of experience.

Not surprisingly, all that was more than enough to carry the 49ers to the Big West regular season and tournament championships.

But that team was built for one title run, and when it was over, the pieces were scattered to the wind. The top nine scorers all departed, leaving the roster gutted. And despite earning Big West Coach-of-the-Year honors, Larry Reynolds' contract was not renewed because, athletic director Vic Cegles said, ''a foundation had not been built to ensure long-term success.''

Of that there can be little doubt. All that's left at Long Beach State is the scorched earth from last season's blaze of glory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also this one:

[ QUOTE ]

The challenges are many, beginning with sheer numbers. Monson will likely open practice with only nine players on his roster, and two of them -- guards Chris Peys and Darnell Porter -- were walk-ons last season who were awarded scholarships for 2007-08 ''just to kind of see what we've got,'' the coach said.

The 49ers' leading returning scorer and rebounder, guard Artis Gant, averaged a mere 1.9 points and 1.3 rebounds in less than 10 minutes of playing time per game. And because Monson wasn't hired until April, recruiting for this season's team was all but impossible.

''We've got less than 100 [total] points returning from last season, so there's really no one who has ever really played in this program before,'' Monson said. ''It's a new coach with new kids and a new outlook, and with new comes inexperience. It's going to take some time, and we're going to have some bumps and bruises along the way, especially early.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically it could be a grammar school team out there against LBSU and I'd give the 9.5 and bet my house on it.

Thankfully, it's a pretty solid BYU team that returns 6-11 Plaisted and a few other solid players who make up a decent nucleus along with a couple of decent freshmen. Coach Rose is back also, and he'll lead us to a 25 point victory today in California.

I'm on BYU -9.5 for 12u
BJLTNYK is on them for 9u

Off the top of my head, I think yesterday puts me at 8-7 for CBB on the season (Butler, K State, Tennessee, Fordham, Dartmouth, UCSB = 4-2 yesterday). Can't speak for BJLTNYK's record but his is similar if not a little better I think.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:34 PM

Looks like CSULB isn't adding much to that scoring total. 4 points in the first 14 minutes against BYU.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:08 PM

Been listening to this game, BYU up 23 shortly after the half 38-15.. should be about 60-10 according to the announcers, lol
Old 11-10-2007, 08:08 PM

on

Kent State -4 6u
Western Michigan -4 6u
Old 11-10-2007, 08:22 PM

On:
VMI 1H -2.5 6u
VMI -5 6u

BYU $$$$