Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-28-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Cant beat microstakes after playing higher.

I used to play NL200 and NL400, but had to cashout a lot. That together with some tilt issues and I'm down to microstakes. Anyway I have a MUCH harder time down here than I had at NL200, I could use some tips for climbing down the stakes!

Games this low 1 year ago were so easy, people would call down with 2nd pair, bluff every single hand. Now whenever I get raised on whatever board w AA, it seems like I'm beat, but it's just so hard to adjust. Players are tricky now, something that tilts me a lot is are the passive trappers that limp-call AA. I mean, should I just be ultra passive and play like them? And fold the flop whenever I get minraised on a Q433 board w AA?? It just seems that I'd be losing so much value.

Oh, and I think I'm losing money with KK whenever I 4bet it pre! Should I just fold QQ whenever I get 3bet?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Cant beat microstakes after playing higher.

lol are you serious
Old 11-28-2007, 06:29 PM

"Games this low 1 year ago were so easy"

nuff said before lock
Old 11-28-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to play NL200 and NL400, but had to cashout a lot. That together with some tilt issues and I'm down to microstakes. Anyway I have a MUCH harder time down here than I had at NL200, I could use some tips for climbing down the stakes!

Games this low 1 year ago were so easy, people would call down with 2nd pair, bluff every single hand. Now whenever I get raised on whatever board w AA, it seems like I'm beat, but it's just so hard to adjust. Players are tricky now, something that tilts me a lot is are the passive trappers that limp-call AA. I mean, should I just be ultra passive and play like them? And fold the flop whenever I get minraised on a Q433 board w AA?? It just seems that I'd be losing so much value.

Oh, and I think I'm losing money with KK whenever I 4bet it pre! Should I just fold QQ whenever I get 3bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes we are grinders..
Old 11-28-2007, 08:05 PM

Move up to where they respect your raises IMO.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:16 PM

it's all game theory down here
Old 11-28-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Move up to where they respect your raises IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2007, 08:25 PM

good to c everyone taking this post seriously
Old 11-28-2007, 08:26 PM

*sigh*

I'll pretend this is a serious post instead of a troll.

1. Players are more straightforward than you're used to -- trust their bets and raises. Especially raises.

2. Value bet harder -- you don't need as much juice to win at showdown.

3. Bluff less -- you'll get called down more often.

4. Look for tells that you wouldn't find at higher stakes, especially bet size tells. People will often make ridiculously small bets OOP when they are on the draw or weak and scared. You can either draw cheaply or come over the top and bluff them to death when they do this.

5. Open-limping is much more viable because the odds of a raise behind you are so much smaller than you're used to. Feel free to open-limp Axs or suited connectors or small pocket pairs from early position.

6. Not every player at the micro stakes is an idiot: pay attention to your opponents.

7. uNL players are more consistent than the players you're used to: a bluffer will bluff more often, a slowplayer will slowplay more often, a weak-tight player will ... uhm ... weak-tight more often, etc. Once you catch someone doing something a couple times you can be pretty sure that's their standard play and you can adjust accordingly.

8. Stop getting out of line. Just because they play $25NL doesn't mean you can raise J9o from UTG and profit from it. Sure, you're probably better than they are, but nobody is THAT much better.

9. TPTK-type hands are less valuable than they are at the higher stakes because you're going to be in multiway pots and going to showdown more frequently and you'll be facing all sorts of hard-to-read opponents (because their ranges are so wide). Similarly, suited connectors, pocket pairs, and suited aces are much more valuable than you're used to for exactly the same reasons.

10. Your results so far are atypical. Buckle down and keep playing your A game and the money will come to you rapidly.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good to c everyone taking this post seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

gaBRiel.s
stranger

Reged: 03/28/07

Why should we??

------------------------------

[ QUOTE ]

*sigh*

I'll pretend this is a serious post instead of a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are nicer than me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-----------------------------------------------

Ama's Guide to Good Posting

[ QUOTE ]

Things which are not appropriate to start new threads about in uNL

- How good you play
- How good/bad you ran today
- How you're so unlucky
- Asking where you can get free stuff
- Asking if you can buy a database
- Asking how to use poker software
- Asking where the games are good
- Asking a question which has already been answered a million times

ETC.

It doesn't take a huge intellect to see that the basic criteria for a good post subject is whether or not you are posting a hand. So in summary, post hand good, post something else bad. MMmmmmkay? If you feel like you want to do other things, this site will more than accommodate you. Go to the front page and scroll down the list of forums. Choose one which is appropriate to your needs and go crazy. Note that if you are under 20 years of age, use the internet more than 3 hours a day, and have never been laid, you are looking for this forum. Have fun.

[/ QUOTE ]