Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 05:06 PM

Default KK with AsJsTc flop am I weak thight

Is this turn fold too thight? I estimate that I have 4-5 outs(approx 1:9) so getting aprox 1:6 implied odds doesn't cut it but am I ever good? Do you guys have any general strategy for playing high pairs when an A flops?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1523818

bling23
Old 09-26-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: KK with AsJsTc flop am I weak thight

I would have called this. I understand completely what you're saying about odds, but with a rough read of how he played the hand, it looks like a high suited/connectors like 10J, QJ, Q10, etc. I would put him on a hand such as that much more than I would any ace, where you're good. I would probably call the turn, any black card and I fold most likely, although I have a feeling if a black card comes and my read of J10/QJ is correct, he would probably check the river, opening up you to either bet if you still think you're good (I think on the turn you have to think you're good IMO) or just check and see what he has.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:17 PM

Call. This is KJ, QJ, KT, QT, JT and Q9 often enough for you to call at least the turn. If the river bricks off see a SD.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:01 AM

yeah I guess your right that my play i too weak. The limp call makes it too likely that I am a head I supose..
Old 09-27-2007, 07:35 AM

Maybe I'm wrong for asking this but what about a flop raise, followed by a turn check and a river call (or check) on this flop? If you're 3 bet on the flop and the other player hasn't gotten two out of hand, you could fold the turn (although you need to ask if this player will 3 bet a flush draw or not, it's all about your read). Either way, post flop, you didn't put in any extra bets so you can't know if you were just being bluffed.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm wrong for asking this but what about a flop raise, followed by a turn check and a river call (or check) on this flop? If you're 3 bet on the flop and the other player hasn't gotten two out of hand, you could fold the turn (although you need to ask if this player will 3 bet a flush draw or not, it's all about your read). Either way, post flop, you didn't put in any extra bets so you can't know if you were just being bluffed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because bloating the pot with a marginal hand and then folding vs unknown villains is poor poker.

Why would you bloat the pot to 6 BB's on the flop and then fold with 6 cards to improve over AJ and AT and 9 cards to improve over JT and with a small but non-zero probability that you have the best hand vs a combo-hand like QsTs..?

Look at the hand and think about it. Its terrible.

Now say to yourself 10 times:

I WILL NOT RAISE FOR INFO IN LIMIT HOLD EM, IT SUCKS!