Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Miami around New Year - what should we do?

After watching Burn Notice with the missus, she wants to go [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Her next vacation is at the end of the year, so I was thinking we'd spend New Year there. That should give us enough time to get a visa for her (she's Russian).

I realize that a lot of this is Google-able, but since this is the travel forum after all, I'll ask anyway. Hoping for some experiences/tips from locals, etc etc.

- We have ten days, including flights.
- Although money isn't really an issue, I think we'd feel out of place doing really baller stuff. So no $500 hotels, golf courses (neither of us plays) etc.
- Preferably active stuff. She hates just sitting in a bar and watching people, and I hate strolling through museums, watching monuments, stuff like that. I can enjoy your average tourist stuff, but preferably not more than a day or two, three.
- Beach is fine, though. I'm looking at a weather chart right now and it says 68 degrees for Dec/Jan. Is that too cold to swim? I have no [censored] idea.
- NYE itself. What's the funnest way to spend it if you're young, a couple, not looking to be by ourselves, but not too interested in the heavy partying/trying to get laid crowd either?

EDIT I forgot: Neither of us has a driver's license.

EDIT 2: We are >21.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Miami around New Year - what should we do?

Miami doesn't sound like the place for you given what you're looking for. Maybe a couple of days in Miami, then a week in the Caribbean would be more appropriate. It's warmer, more laid back, and there's more active stuff to do.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Miami around New Year - what should we do?

Agree with previous post, and I have nothing to add other than book your hotel/flight ASAP. Miami is a zoo around NYE.