View Poll Results: How balla are you?
My name is Bones and I have boned a stripper 8 22.86%
I am not bones, which means I'm lame 27 77.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2007, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Vick indicted by the feds

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Will he be smart enough it take the deal? Doubtful and from what I've seen of his attorneys they are more interested in making a name for themselves then helping their client.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he wants to have any future in the NFL he needs to win at trial. For this reason there is almost zero probability he will cut a deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has almost zero probability of winning at trial if all of his co-defendants have plead
Old 08-14-2007, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Will he be smart enough it take the deal? Doubtful and from what I've seen of his attorneys they are more interested in making a name for themselves then helping their client.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he wants to have any future in the NFL he needs to win at trial. For this reason there is almost zero probability he will cut a deal.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think this is true.

If he pleads out and spends 6 months in jail, I would think there is a good chance he is on a roster opening day 2009 and maybe even 2008, if he goes in early enough to be out for the draft or at least mini camps.

He probably won't be on the Falcons, but there are alot of teams that will take him. I don't expect much of a backlash either, this whole country has the attention span of a 2 year old.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:02 AM

didn't leonard little actually kill someone after running them over with his car while driving drunk?
Old 08-14-2007, 09:04 AM

Yes. He got 90 days.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
didn't leonard little actually kill someone after running them over with his car while driving drunk?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. Craig MacTavish, (current head coach of the Edmonton Oilers, long time NHL player) also killed someone while drunk driving. he served 1 year in prison.

I guess you could call these "accidents" which is different than Vick's case, but the damage done was much worse.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:45 AM

how much evidence do they really have against him that will play in court? the guys who plead guilty have previous records and are trying to save their reps by agreeing to go along to with the DA's witch hunt. the chance of him getting 6 years with his 10 million dollar attorney team is pretty slim imho.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:34 AM

I'd remembered Craig MacTavish as the last hockey player to not wear a helmet on the ice during play. Now I'll remember him for manslaughter. lol. Manslaughteraments.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how much evidence do they really have against him that will play in court? the guys who plead guilty have previous records and are trying to save their reps by agreeing to go along to with the DA's witch hunt. the chance of him getting 6 years with his 10 million dollar attorney team is pretty slim imho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah except he's not going against a DA like OJ. He's going up against the US attorney. He loses here.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:45 AM

the point is... you can kill someone... and most folks won't remember it... vick might have killed some dogs or was indirectly responsible for them.... if he comes back and plays well nobody will remember it in 5 years...

that's if he serves like 6 months and comes back to play next year...
Old 08-14-2007, 12:41 PM

this talk of vick serving only 6 months is absurd. if he pleads right now it's about 2 years minimum, he'll be 30 when he gets out, and he's main asset, his speed, will be significantly decreased.

if they're adding racketeering charges against him (which may well explain why the other 2 D's reached plea agreements) that gets bumped up to at least 6 years+