Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-21-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Lego Poker training videos....a joke?

[ QUOTE ]
bottomline is there is NO justifiable reason for TwelveBeers to be considered a TAG because of his name, and everyone knows it. The fact that most responses in this thread (overwhelming skewed toward LP affiliated bias) refuse to admit that none of the many unreasonable comments in this carrotsnake video are such, just proves how useless most of these responses are.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you should quit focusing on that one particular comment, and instead focus on carrotsnake's playing style and what you can learn about it to incorporate it into your own style. seems like you completely closed your mind to anything he did when he posted in CO.

carrotsnake addressed why he made the comment anyways.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:25 PM

show me where he addressed the TwelveBeers comment
Old 11-21-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
show me where he addressed the TwelveBeers comment

[/ QUOTE ]

obv you didn't read the thread.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:35 PM

That's what I thought. He asked me to show him the time or exact wording, when this thread is littered with it, nevermind he is asking me to repeat to him something HE said.

Like I said before, there's no rational reason for a handle like TwelveBeers to be considered a TAG, and anyone who saw the video knows it. If you have even a semi-reasonable explanation that proves otherwise, please don't hesitate.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:48 PM

So the owner greg was a well known hit n runner from party poker?
Old 11-21-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like I said before, there's no rational reason for a handle like TwelveBeers to be considered a TAG, and anyone who saw the video knows it. If you have even a semi-reasonable explanation that proves otherwise, please don't hesitate.

[/ QUOTE ]

experience? carrotsnake is saying there's a correlation, that's it ... you don't need an explanation for something to say there's a correlation ... i don't know why tags give themselves names like that, but they do

as a matter of fact, comments like this make me want to join leggopoker, because it shows their videoinstructors are in touch with the state of the games nowadays/have a lot of experience at the limits i want to play

because i want something to do while watching HSP, i went to my database and here are the stats of every villain with a NameLikeThis and > 30 hands

AardvarkAttack - 17/6/1
Aces4Bases - 16/4/.5
AlexisKaa - 18/15/4.5
AnaxAces - 25/12.5/1.5
AndreaNemo - 44/14/1.2
AndyFi - 13/5/1.2
AnyBJBuyins - 19/19/inf
BallinHamster - 13/10/2
BetmanReturns - 28/25/4
BigCo1ones - 23/10/1.3
BigLeggy - 24/3/.5
BlowYaMind - 15/15/inf
BlufferBoi - 13/10/3.6

and now i'm bored, but this should open your eyes a bit
Old 11-21-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bottomline is there is NO justifiable reason for TwelveBeers to be considered a TAG because of his name, and everyone knows it. The fact that most responses in this thread (overwhelming skewed toward LP affiliated bias) refuse to admit that none of the many unreasonable comments in this carrotsnake video are such, just proves how useless most of these responses are.

[/ QUOTE ]

i usually assume anyone w/ a full stack and a screen name that isnt a real name is TAG-ish
Old 11-21-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So the owner greg was a well known hit n runner from party poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

When was this? I was SUNGLASSSES on Party..

Also, don't be jealous that my first staking ever at NL2K was vs you [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's what I thought. He asked me to show him the time or exact wording, when this thread is littered with it, nevermind he is asking me to repeat to him something HE said.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, if you're focusing on this minor detail of the video, then you're gonna miss out on more important things. \

did I personally agree w/his comment on twelvebeers? no, not necessarily. do I play the exact style as carrotsnake? no, not even close, but there are certainly things I took from his video that I could incorporate into my game that will make me a better player.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:31 PM

OP,

I only got a chance to watch about 10 minutes of the video. I don't think the problem was with what the teacher was saying, but rather he wasn't really explaining why. He looks like a good player that is making his first poker video. I suspect his videos will get better over time, as he gets more comfortable actually explaining the thought process more, rather than just saying what he is doing.

That said, I agree, the player in question is probably a TAG. Donks usually just make a screen name like "mike235" because they just use their name or hobby and some numbers. 2p2ers, or people that are active in online poker communities, probably make another name at some point to get rakeback, or to be "poker cool," and it's usually something more catchy, less numeric, and more along the lines of the player in question's name. This is why I agree with carrotsnakes assessment.

fwiw, my name used to be tcc16. i changed it to Green Plastic to be cool.

tc