Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 03:22 AM

Default Going to Montreal for the weekend

Hey guys I'm going to Montreal for the weekend with a couple of friends, I was hoping to get some advice on what are the best night spots.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Going to Montreal for the weekend

Can you be more specific about what bar genera you prefer?
Old 11-09-2007, 08:30 AM

cabaret a mado on st catherines should fit you well
Old 11-09-2007, 12:55 PM

My normal choices would be to start at Wonderbar then move to one of Time, Myst, Buona Notte or Mansion.

747 sucks now but use to be a great club years ago. Might be worth a quick visit just because of the view. First time in MTL I usually take people there for one drink then leave.

If you are looking for something after hours there is a all night thing going on at Theatre Sans-Fil but it doesn't look very good. I'd probably head over to Stereo instead.

Strip clubs: Wanda's unless you want more raunchiness than Super Sex. There use to be a few "special" strip clubs but the Grand Prix closed But I think Regal(sp?) is still open. It is past the west island though so kind of far.

I find the food in MTL not to my taste but that doesn't mean much. Steak houses are pretty good. Also I'd recommend Globe.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My normal choices would be to start at Wonderbar then move to one of Time, Myst, Buona Notte or Mansion.

747 sucks now but use to be a great club years ago. Might be worth a quick visit just because of the view. First time in MTL I usually take people there for one drink then leave.

If you are looking for something after hours there is a all night thing going on at Theatre Sans-Fil but it doesn't look very good. I'd probably head over to Stereo instead.

Strip clubs: Wanda's unless you want more raunchiness than Super Sex. There use to be a few "special" strip clubs but the Grand Prix closed But I think Regal(sp?) is still open. It is past the west island though so kind of far.

I find the food in MTL not to my taste but that doesn't mean much. Steak houses are pretty good. Also I'd recommend Globe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a bunch, I'll let you know how I liked some of these places.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:42 PM

If you want one of the best meals of your life, go to Au Pied du Cuchon in Le Plateau. Soooo amazing. L'Express on St. Denis is also outstanding.

I second Mansion, great club.

Although every tourist in Montreal does it, you have to go to Schwartz's and get a smoked meat sandwich.