Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: My Story + An Offer (HOLY BALLS LONG)

[ QUOTE ]
Then i met McShove, who had just won a big MTT and switched to cash games. Something made him want to give me a quick coaching session, for free. Honestly, this is the single most important event to happen in my poker career.

[/ QUOTE ]
Having had the quick McShove lesson myself, I'd like to talk to you about this sometime.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:03 PM

Experience: I dabbled in all kinds from freerolls to Omaha8 tourneys. I do my best in small stakes NL SNG's (Pokerstars $6 and $11) and MTT's. I do love playing 25NL but I've played more SNG's because I'm just better at them. I do feel that I can really improve at the smaller NL ring games with some time and guidance.

Most tables I see myself playing: 6 I currently play 4, but I don't see why I couldn't go to 6, maybe 8.

Current bankroll: $160 (just withdrew $600 to help g/f with some bills)

What do I expect to get out of this arrangement: I expect to get knowledge, experience, and confidence. I know that with some guidance, I could be great. I would even be willing to lower my profit % for this opportunity because I know how much it would help my game and help me do it on my own.

Thanks for offering this and I hope whoever you choose, appreciates it.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please provide:

- Most tables you can see yourself playing:
- Current bankroll:
- What you expect to get out of this arrangement:

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker:
* Fairly Big winner (>6 BB/100 over 80K hands) in full ring Limit up to 5/10 with a little 10/20 thanks to prolific table selection.

* Double Digit ROI over 3K SNG's - mainly $33 to $77

* 5.5ptBB in NL100 and about 0.6 in NL200 over about 40K hands but had a couple of nasty swings in there. Was beating NL200 for a great clip and then dropped 10 buyins with some typical bad beats and tilt mixed in heavily... All this is 6 max. Playing NL100 now and really working on my game.

Tables: Currently play 3 or 4 but could play 6. 6 tabled SNG's back when I played those as my main game.

Bankroll: $6Kish online but I withdraw monthly. Have <Indiana> LOTS more if needed!!! </Indiana> (sorry bud, could not resist [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Expectations: Like Wiggs I'm not really interested in staking because I don't need it and I think I'd play poorly if I was using someone else's money (ie play too cautiously). I'm a part time player but love and study the game and hate that I am not beating it for a bigger clip and have many leaks - some I know about, many I probably have no idea about. I'm sure we could work something out if you were interested.

Bonus: I have been working on a DB/HUD for the last 4 months specifically for NL Cash and it is coming along very nicely... There might be some opportunities there - I'd love to get feedback / ideas from a consistent multi tabling winner of NL Cash.

rvg
Old 01-11-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Expectations: Like Wiggs I'm not really interested in staking because I don't need it and I think I'd play poorly if I was using someone else's money (ie play too cautiously). I'm a part time player but love and study the game and hate that I am not beating it for a bigger clip and have many leaks - some I know about, many I probably have no idea about. I'm sure we could work something out if you were interested.

Bonus: I have been working on a DB/HUD for the last 4 months specifically for NL Cash and it is coming along very nicely... There might be some opportunities there - I'd love to get feedback / ideas from a consistent multi tabling winner of NL Cash.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Very interesting and i'd definitely be interested in discussing this program.

For this first "project" i want it to be a 100NL staking agreement. If/when this succeeds, i will likely open myself up to fulltime coaching or possibly staking for 200NL. I will be saving this thread for the future so your applications will not go to waste.

As soon as one student finishes his 35k hands (or decides to stop) i will pick up another student.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:21 PM

I am interested in your offer

- Age: older than most of you in this forum, but much younger than skipbob

- Experience: Have played mostly SNGs ranging from the 11s to the 55s, Party and Stars; and about 20k NL25/50 to clear Party bonus.

- Most tables you can see yourself playing: I am 12-18 tabling $16/$27s on Stars; so I will probably 8-12 tabling NL cash games.

- Current bankroll: I have 6000 online right now

- What you expect to get out of this arrangement:
Make the move from SNGs to cash and become experienced in cash games.

I am not really interested in being staked. but we can work out some kind of profit sharing if you choose to coach me.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:46 PM

Experience at all forms of poker:
Biggest Cash- $1200 1st place this spring in a 90 person tourney in aruba.
Small Sample of Small Stakes Sngs ~1.5K ~5% ROI (but I've run bad [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) (~15% at party)
Small Stakes Limit Hold'em - Break even over the course of a few years (ok, I might be down a bit but that was pre-poker tracker for me). Its what got me into poker and led me to 2+2
Micro Stakes NLHE - I crush those playing on my GFs account when she wants help [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Drunken PLOH/L - I remember being good each time I start. . .
Foxwoods and AC have given me a few hundered playing low stakes LHE
Overall I've been a +EV player for about a year and a half now after finding 2+2 but I'm having difficulty moving out of the low stakes games. I've got the gamble in me but I need the skills.

Most tables you can see yourself playing: Depends on the game. Sngs, I could see doing 15 depending on my setup and have done 9 profitably. I've recently dropped down to 5 or 6 so I can pay more attention to my game. Don't have a good enough grasp on NLHE to do more then 4 right now but believe 9 is doable in the short term with good training.

Current bankroll: $600 with a well paying job that let's me reload if I need to (though I haven't had to in over a year and the Aruba cash went to pay for the trip)

What you expect to get out of this arrangement:

1) Poker knowledge: I love playing this game and the better I become the more I've enjoyed it. I've come to the conclusion that I need some personal attention to improve my game though. I used to want to try and do it on my own and have since swallowed my pride. Working on my game with others makes the game more enjoyable anyways. Its the most challenging intellectual activity I've ever taken on.

2) Financial Independence: I have a job I like but right now I have to have it. I don't want to have to have a job anymore unless I want it. I'd like to improve my game to the point where my online play makes me > 50% of my current income. Also, I'd like to travel to a few major tournements each year including the WSOP.

3) Good Times: I've come to find that I enjoy the 'company' of those that post on this board and chat online. While everyone plays poker for a slightly different reason, one thing is common: We're all trying to improve our games. Taking on that struggle with those in this forum is rewarding beyond the money.

I don't know if anyone on here would vouch for me as I haven't had any financial interaction with anyone or know anyone personally. If this works out then I'm sure we could make arrangements that would insure your risk and/or allow you to have faith in my reporting abilities.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:46 PM

I just wanna say I love you jason, holla! I dont need to be staked, but teach me to be 400NL for 7ptbb and ill give u something nice? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] <3
Old 01-12-2007, 03:01 AM

Just want to say congrats on the success. Glad I could help in a small way.

Also, I'll be submitting my application upon bustoness from highstakes PLO. (I swear to God 25/50 is rigged!)
Old 01-12-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I'll be submitting my application upon bustoness from highstakes PLO. (I swear to God 25/50 is rigged!)

[/ QUOTE ]

TY. Without you i'd be one of those loser-donk highstakes SNG players with like 23480823409234804 FPPs but no idea how to play with more than 25BBs.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] jk loser-donk highstakes SNG players!

Thanks again. PLO is obviously more rigged than anything i've ever played. I dont see your application tho. Its gonna be tough for me to decide if you're worth teaching without knowing what you're qualifications are.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TY. Without you i'd be one of those loser-donk highstakes SNG players with like 23480823409234804 FPPs but no idea how to play with more than 25BBs.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] jk loser-donk highstakes SNG players!

Thanks again. PLO is obviously more rigged than anything i've ever played. I dont see your application tho. Its gonna be tough for me to decide if you're worth teaching without knowing what you're qualifications are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm not busto yet, have lots of monies to burn through still. But my mounting losses at 25/50 could force me to chase losses on 50-100 FTP so busto could happen soon. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]