Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: assassin\'s Creed

Hrm on metacritic about 7 of the 10 review blurbs have the word 'repetetive' or 'disappointing' in it, I think I'll def just give it a rental and hope the sequel is what I was hoping for.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some glitches even in the cutscenes, that's unacceptable

[/ QUOTE ]
You know that some of these glitches are intentional, right? When there's a glitch in the matrix (sorry, Animus) it means you can press a button and view the cutscene from a different angle.

Overall I'm liking this game a lot so far. Like others have said, it's very Prince-of-Persiaish, but I don't see that as a bad thing. And I'm not very far along yet so it doesn't really seem repetitive to me yet.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You know that some of these glitches are intentional, right? When there's a glitch in the matrix (sorry, Animus) it means you can press a button and view the cutscene from a different angle.

Overall I'm liking this game a lot so far. Like others have said, it's very Prince-of-Persiaish, but I don't see that as a bad thing. And I'm not very far along yet so it doesn't really seem repetitive to me yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not talking about the glitches that are meant to be there. There was a point during one of the first cutscenes where it looked extremely blocky, which was just weird. I didn't notice it again, and it was probably just me looking for stuff. All in all I like this game though. I bought it w/ COD4 and actually like this game more.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:45 PM

Cool little article here regarding the low scores it was receiving:

Reviewers are doing it wrong...
Old 11-15-2007, 06:25 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually sounds like he really really wanted to like it. That kinda made him less credible imo.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:21 PM

The Penny Arcade guys are merciless when they think a game sucks. I tend to trust them on this.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Penny Arcade guys are merciless when they think a game sucks. I tend to trust them on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I take their opinions on games pretty much as gospel.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not talking about the glitches that are meant to be there. There was a point during one of the first cutscenes where it looked extremely blocky, which was just weird. I didn't notice it again, and it was probably just me looking for stuff. All in all I like this game though. I bought it w/ COD4 and actually like this game more.

[/ QUOTE ]

The game's crashed on me twice already (thank god for frequent autosave). I can't remember the last time a 360 game crashed on me.

But I having a blast anyways. The AI as stupid, as it is, still manages to crack me up. My favorite was when, I stealth killed an officer with 20 soldiers staring right at me and then just walked away.

The good thing about all the weak points in the game is that they are consistent. Nothing frustrates me more than game that is inconsistent where I end up dying a bunch of cheap deaths.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:52 AM

So, I've probably put about 12 hours into this game and I'm really addicted. I haven't had it crash on me and the slowups haven't been frequent, even w/ lots of guys around me. I haven't seen the really dumb AI yet. I also have heard complaints about one at a time fighting, but when I get into huge brawls I'm attacked from all sides. I think some of these critics were a little to harsh. I really like this game and would recommend it to anyone, at least for a rental.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This article is SOOO retarded. I saw a link to it yesterday on joystiq and it left me life titled for 20 minutes. Just a bizzare fanboyish defense of the game (that reminds me a lot of some of AceLuby's posts in other threads)