Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: 162 Mid pair Spot

BKiCe says it's either a fold (which I'm starting to see) or he likes a raise to 3500 to try to fold out QQ-99 with the intention to obviously fold to a shove. Thoughts on that line also?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your an idiot if you think that folding is not an option on this flop. straight up

and its also dumb to think that folding on this flop makes preflop bad

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL internet douchebags.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BKiCe says it's either a fold (which I'm starting to see) or he likes a raise to 3500 to try to fold out QQ-99 with the intention to obviously fold to a shove. Thoughts on that line also?

[/ QUOTE ]

The best way to fold out those hands is to call the flop and bet the turn when he checks to you.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:03 AM

you are such a troll and terrible poker player. sorry for trying to keep terrible advice off of this forum.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:09 AM

I think call or fold are the only two options and I certainly dont mind a fold, especially since you don't have a read. The stacks are certainly deep enough to play for set/overpair/oesd value with the preflop call, and I generally don't like committing a lot of chips trying to bluff off 99-QQ with a turn bet, not even counting the times he has a king or better and is never folding, or even the times when he has QQ and check/calls you twice, etc.

The problem with raising as I see it is there aren't many hands to credibly rep. If your gonna float I almost like a turn check to rep a weak king. That way, you don't get stackadonked by a K, overs still only have 6 outs and you can fold the river if he leads as he won't ever bluff. If he checks the riv I think its a spot where you have showdown value but even more value by turning your hand into a bluff to get 99-QQ to fold.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you are such a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, pot/kettle etc.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think call or fold are the only two options and I certainly dont mind a fold, especially since you don't have a read. The stacks are certainly deep enough to play for set/overpair/oesd value with the preflop call, and I generally don't like committing a lot of chips trying to bluff off 99-QQ with a turn bet, not even counting the times he has a king or better and is never folding, or even the times when he has QQ and check/calls you twice, etc.

The problem with raising as I see it is there aren't many hands to credibly rep. If your gonna float I almost like a turn check to rep a weak king. That way, you don't get stackadonked by a K, overs still only have 6 outs and you can fold the river if he leads as he won't ever bluff. If he checks the riv I think its a spot where you have showdown value but even more value by turning your hand into a bluff to get 99-QQ to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very very good post imo.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:35 AM

It is a good post, but I think probably wrong in a couple spots. We're not deep enough to play for set value, and overpair/oesd isn't that much value as you lose with oesd a lot in the rare case you flop it, and overpair only gets much more chips into the pot when you're drawing to two out.

Don't know what he means by "stackadonked by a K" - a K is never getting the rest of my chips here. I don't think he ever check/raises the turn with a worse hand, so it's pretty safe to bet the turn.

Checking through the turn seems bad as you give two overcards like AQ two chances to hit for free, and I'm not sure how much credibility betting the river will have against hands like 99-QQ. You're just as likely, maybe more likely, to fold out those hands with a turn bet.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:37 AM

I'm with Bakes, folding pf is my preferred option here and I wouldn't even think about playing after this flop.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:45 AM

Folding pf? whoa