Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What % of people are more polltarded than OP?
0-1% 18 62.07%
1-2% 4 13.79%
2-4% 3 10.34%
4-7% 1 3.45%
7-9% 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2007, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Beat: Am a freak and a very weird dude.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Couldn't of said it better myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, you're dumber than I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

You stopping our little debate about whether or not making fun of Gobbo's weight is the same things as making fun of someone for how they dress is about as close as I'll come to hearing you admit you're wrong....I'll take it [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough

[ QUOTE ]
Boy, you're dumber than I thought.

Gobbo is massive right now. Being that massive isn't a "physical defect"...it's being lazy and eating horrible foods. There is no doubt he could lose a hudge % of his body weight with some effort. He CHOOSES not to make that effort.

He even has money to make this process as easy as possible. (Could hire a personal trainer and a chef for a few months, etc.)

Yet he chooses to stay uber fat.

Just as lilholdem chooses to dress the way he does.

So plz just stfu, and stop giving advice to others about character issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense meant to gobboboy at all, but the only thing he can do at this point that would realistically get him to lose the amount of weight needed to be acceptable by you trolls is for him to get surgery. it took me 6 months to lose as much weight as i had to not be statstically overweight, and it got disillusioning at times in between, and this is with me working out an hour a day more often than not twice a day. it is not as easy as you suggest.

fact is, gobboboy could lose 60 pounds and you guys would still call him a fatass or be trolling him. i give few of you credit enough to think you'd overlook his weight in favor of his progress.

the difference with lilholdem is it is far easier for lilholdem to stop looking a cross-breed between vanilla ice and a retarded gopher than it is for any individual to lose that much weight.

your comparison is idiotic

[/ QUOTE ]

loool...spot-on imo
Old 11-09-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...but I certainly don't think less of him because of his weight

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to single you out at all, just using this quote as an example.

Why the hell must people single someone out for their physical attributes. I don't understand it. If it's something good then that's one thing but I don't understand why if you find something undesirable then why you have to immediately start bringing tons of attention to it and then hate on the person who exhibits the quality.

It's happened my whole life in every facet, and not just because I've been overweight most of my life. Why can't people just stfu about physical qualities and make fun of each other for being annoying douchebags instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I try my best not to judge people based on most physical attributes that they cannot help or are at least largely due to chance (or a choice that was not theirs)...I like to judge people based on how they treat other people

*as an aside, I also try not to judge people based on things like intelligence...at least to the extent that I think it is a product of environment...I find it surprising that many people would call a person shallow for, for instance, dating a person because they are physically attractive, but not call them shallow for dating a person because they are intelligent...there is more to it IMO

but if you accept that if is reasonable to judge people based on other attributes such as willpower, vanity, or intelligence, physical attributes can be indicative of these things...

some people consider being overweight to indicate a lack of willpower...and if they look down on people who lack the willpower to maintain a certain weight, they may look down on someone because of (at least indirectly) their weight

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to add to this that I don't care one bit about anything that doesn't harm someone else in some way...so there is really no reason for me to look down upon anyone because of their physical appearance, unless it is an indication that they treat other people like [censored]...and I'm not sure how that would work

P.S. sorry for contributing to the decline of this thread

I was under the impression that BBV was for serious business [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So now we have to decide who to make fun of based on how easy it is for them to fix what it is we're making fun of?

My comparison would be idiotic if we were talking about someone with aids instead of an obese person. But we're not.

[/ QUOTE ]

look, i don't give a [censored] what you do. you wanted me to respond to your post and i did.

i think it's wrong to make fun of a person for physical trailts such as this when they are clearly so disturbed by it. i've also made fun of g2cu for his gigantic forehead. the instant he starts to show that he's hurt by it, i'd stop. for all practical purposes i may be an internet douchebag, but i'm certainly not an [censored]

and i know that's "way too serious business" for an internet forum, but if gb is clearly as hurt by this as he has been for, [censored], his whole life, i don't feel right piling on him for it, and you clearly have shown you have no problem doing it.

whether or not he has the power to change is irrelevant, what exactly gives you the right to insist on it as aggressively and offensively as you do? (that last part is largely directed at dids)
Old 11-09-2007, 03:02 AM

Ok I had enough.

Hey Chubby, stop acting like a victim, hit the gym and take responsibility for your actions at Aussie Millions.
You came across as a squirrel eating hillbilly ffs.
Grow up...(mentally).
Old 11-09-2007, 03:03 AM

F the haters Gobbo, everybody who has ever met you knows how great of a guy you are.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:03 AM

where did all the fawning fanbois go i actually miss them [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So now we have to decide who to make fun of based on how easy it is for them to fix what it is we're making fun of?

My comparison would be idiotic if we were talking about someone with aids instead of an obese person. But we're not.

[/ QUOTE ]

look, i don't give a [censored] what you do. you wanted me to respond to your post and i did.

i think it's wrong to make fun of a person for physical trailts such as this when they are clearly so disturbed by it. i've also made fun of g2cu for his gigantic forehead. the instant he starts to show that he's hurt by it, i'd stop. for all practical purposes i may be an internet douchebag, but i'm certainly not an [censored]

and i know that's "way too serious business" for an internet forum, but if gb is clearly as hurt by this as he has been for, [censored], his whole life, i don't feel right piling on him for it, and you clearly have shown you have no problem doing it.

whether or not he has the power to change is irrelevant, what exactly gives you the right to insist on it as aggressively and offensively as you do? (that last part is largely directed at dids)

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe if some of those insults got through gobbo would change his ways!!! amirite guys? i'm not just trashing someone - it's self-improvement through insults!

btys my respect for you in this thread has gone up a lot
Old 11-09-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
where did all the fawning fanbois go i actually miss them [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

See post above yours.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:09 AM

I don't understand. Dids has a round in the MSPaint tournament devoted almost entirely to him. How could he be a bad person?
Old 11-09-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dids i like how you try to turn this into you just being the voice of reason and stating the obvious. i distinctly remember a thread where you went after gobboboy for being fat in the most vitriolic way. after being a complete prick and acting like you were superior in any way, you later gave the excuse that you were just doing it for his own good or some crap.

the sad, pathetic fact is that you just don't run that great in real life, so when you see weakness on the internet you pounce, because it makes you feel better. everyone knew you were fat before, and then everyone knew you lost a lot of weight because you basically spammed the forums with your disgusting uncovered body. therefore, now you can make fun of fat people too! yay! i see you do it time and again. one day you will lose your virginity and then it'll be open season for you to go after some more targets to make yourself feel superior.

now go ahead and call me a simpleton, or make the classic "you pretty much proved my point there" copout, or make some other unobjective observation, o apparently objective great dids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you used to be a fat 1/2 NL player?