Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Guess what - AA hand!

I believe this was an interesting one, regardless on the Rockets [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Just wanna do a line check with overpair - I'm going through a rough patch with them right now.

Read on UTG: His PT stats are decent, but in this session he was playing a lot of trash hands for some reason (tilt?). I also noticed he was playing overaggro - for example, raising a preflop raiser with Q6o on A62 flop.

Read on MP2: LAGtard with 50/25/3.0 stats. He only has $5 left before this hand starts.

Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 Limit Hold'em - 8 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#FF0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero caps!</font>, CO folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls $1 (all in).

Turn: (11.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
Old 09-11-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Guess what - AA hand!

[ QUOTE ]
raising a preflop raiser with Q6o on A62 flop

[/ QUOTE ]
that's pretty hot .. nothing wrong with that

on the hand ... it's pretty confusing

maybe this is something like A9 in diamonds (a gs+fd) ... and thinks there is some chance you might fold

I don't think there is much point in betting the river ... it's pretty clear what you have after you call the turn
Old 09-11-2007, 02:28 AM

given the read I have no idea why you call the turn.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
given the read I have no idea why you call the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

you want a raise/fold line?

or raise/call-call
Old 09-11-2007, 02:32 AM

the guy is in donk fest land I would r/c and call river for sure.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the guy is in donk fest land I would r/c and call river for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

personally I think it's a hard spot ... call or raise we pretty much turn our hand up you hand

I think the problem with jacking it up once more is: it lets villain play his hand prefectly. We pretty much have AA, AK, KK, 99 - there are no other hands we could possibly have. He can raise any hand that beats that range.

the flip side is ... by calling we of course only have AA (which also let's villain value bet or check/fold correctly on the river)

actually: i think we might be able to call the turn and fold the river if he bets ... as we only have AA, and looks like we are going to showdown after calling the turn (so, viallin should value bet correctly)

Remy says villain seems OK, but tends to get aggressive (that could really mean a lot)
Old 09-11-2007, 03:10 AM

I'm pretty sure that any line that ends with folding the river is wrong here.

Big pot and a villian who is apparently playing overaggressively.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:26 AM

folding this hand at any point is objectively wrong. wouldn't surprise me if tilty-tag has the FD or the 9 here. I don't mind checking behind on the river. Something deep inside of me says bet the river for value, but something else says opponent was getting sexy/stupid/missing bets with trips/runner runner'd boat...
Old 09-11-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the flip side is ... by calling we of course only have AA (which also let's villain value bet or check/fold correctly on the river)

[/ QUOTE ]

unless he is totally FOS or totally wiffed he is not gunna c/f this river.

Honestly, Im surprised at how often I think Ive turned my hand face up but I still get donktastic calls which I expect from guys like this even if they 'know' I got them beat. Hell, I know Im guilty of making these calls, especially if potsize related logic seems to warrants it.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Read on MP2: LAGtard with 50/25/3.0 stats. He only has $5 left before this hand starts...Hero is MP2

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont play so many hands or understacked, LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I would have raised the turn and bet the river.

If UTG was playing overaggro and possibly on tilt, I would have expected you to have the best hand most of the time.