Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Cops shoot kid in face, burn down house, wtf?

linky

The kid deserved it, first of all... this link is to an incomplete part of this story and details are still coming out. Apparently this kid got pulled over a day or two ago for having no front license plate and decided to shoot a state trooper with a shotgun. The guy had a vest on so he lived. This kid must have been [censored] up on PCP or something, he had no history of violent crimes, just some low-level stuff. A bigtime manhunt ensued, the cops find this kid holed up in a house in Margaretville in western NY... so they storm the house, a firefight ensues and he gets shot in the face. Oh well. But the house ends up burning down, they recover his "badly charred body" ... a trooped was killed in the firefight due to a headshot and it now appears that it was friendly fire... this is just an awful mess for the NYS police.

I am no right-wing honcho, I'm not pro-death-penalty and I've had my run-ins with the police, but shooting a cop is one of the most profoundly stupid things you can do and IMO after you blast a cop you shouldn't expect to be taken alive really. But WTF were the state police doing here? They end up burning this house to the ground somehow, 7 armed and armored cops storm a house with one drug addict with a rifle and 2 of them end up being hit, 1 fatally? They burn the house down?

Has anyone else been following this? My girlfriend interns at the local news station so she's been filling me in on this... very weird, looks like the NYS police may need to revise procedure on this, and now a poor guy leaves behind his 7 month old daughter, the cop who died was just 29. Awful stuff.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Cops shoot kid in face, burn down house, wtf?

Que the barrage of "the pigs deserved it" from the stupid drooling retards on this forum.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Que the barrage of "the pigs deserved it" from the stupid drooling retards on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way they deserved it, like the cops or not that's a hard job especially when you get shot for no reason by some random drug addict. Still, looks like they misplayed this one with some really sad results. Not that the suspect died (whatever, shoot at the police = too dumb to be alive anyway) but they burned down some random person's house and got one of their own killed apparently by friendly fire... this wasn't a 5-on-5 firefight, there was 1 suspect! I mean if you're going to burn down the house... just burn it down to begin with and don't get any of your guys killed.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:12 PM

Of course they didnt deserve it, but there are so many idiots on this forum that I give it 10 posts before some hippy douche bag, or 12 year old piece of [censored] starts in on the "pigs".

Im sure they didnt intentionally burn the house down, did they? was it the kid who started the fire or the cops?
Old 04-27-2007, 07:13 PM

Tear gas cannisters started the fire.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im sure they didnt intentionally burn the house down, did they? was it the kid who started the fire or the cops?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it wasn't intentional also, supposedly it wasn't intentionally started at all but was an accident... we'll see what comes out in the next few hours, I guess. I would imagine that someone probably shot a gas stove or something? Still, it just looks really bad (and is really bad honestly) for the preparedness of the NYS police... 1 guy holed up in a house turns into 2 shot cops, 1 who dies and a house burned to the ground. It's incredibly strange and really sad for the cop who died. The cop who died apparently was also on the hunt for Ralph "Bucky" Phillips last year and that manhunt resulted in 2 state police officers dying as well. This kinda thing doesn't usually happen around here, it's strange and awful that 2 criminals killed 3 cops and wounded a few others... more training/armor/something needs to happen so these guys stop dying.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:23 PM

Article with more info

The "State Police’s elite Mobile Response Team", I think needs some more training.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Article with more info

The "State Police’s elite Mobile Response Team", I think needs some more training.

[/ QUOTE ]

TY for the link, "pressconnects" is rather disorganized. Yeah the L33Tness of the mobile response team is seriously questionable at this point, it sucks because mostly it's just hurting the guys ballsy enough to join it and go after these lunatics.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:29 PM

Yeah, the tactics here sound pretty crappy.

I dont know why they generally dont just wait the dude out rather than storming (im assuming they knew he was alone, didnt read the articles linked) - no matter how well trained it isnt like the movies and there is a pretty good chance of injury or death.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:55 PM

How do the cops friendly fire kill each other? Sounds like they were all trying to be badasses (typical cops) and each wanted to take the suspect out, and in the process fired directly into one of their own. Thats just [censored] stupid.