Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Best Selling Poker Book eva..

[ QUOTE ]
1) There can be little doubt HOH1 is the best-selling poker book of all times. All indicators point to it.

2) You're underestimating Hellmuth's PPLTP. I agree that most other name player books and DVDs quickly fade away, but Hellmuth's book actually had some real content (albeit bizarre at times), insofar as it deals with all kinds of normal poker variants, and its timing was awesome. It takes a while before you realise how bad it is in some places, but by that time, you have alkready bought it! C'mon, admit it, you own a copy [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] I do.

Cheers,

Smurf

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I do own a copy and the timing was good because it was one of the first books out of the poker boom.
When it did come out, it was a bestseller but it has since languished in obscurity because the word finally got out to the new masses that it was at best a very marginal book.
It's almost no where in site now but classics such as SS, Theory of Poker, SSH... are still there.
I would highly doubt it would even crack the top 10 in all time best sellers.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Best Selling Poker Book eva..

Harrington on Hold'em has both advantages of being a 4 book and one written by a TV player.

There should be somewhere to get reliable data on books sales, I'll scout around.