Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
What nobody here elaborated on is this "financial dirt" they're afraid of uncovering if AJ was to go down. These empty box structures are set up so that nobody has to pay a dollar of taxes in a perfectly legit way, so I seriously doubt we're looking at some plain tax or skimming scam. Nat/Adanthar, any hints?

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine if there were US based operations either now or in the past for Absolute.
It's just one more reason to minimize the scrutiny by making the story go away.

A close scrutiny of the structure/books would be the nuclear winter Absolute doesn't want to face.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just deleted some files from my desktop. Before I did it I compared the old Nov. 2006 KGC Gaming Regulations with the new ones and I think this will still become an interesting matter. Why did they change their regulations? For example you cannot file a complaint with the Kahnawake Communal Arbitration Procedure any longer. Do you know why? I guess I know an answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deleting?

gg
Old 10-22-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What nobody here elaborated on is this "financial dirt" they're afraid of uncovering if AJ was to go down. These empty box structures are set up so that nobody has to pay a dollar of taxes in a perfectly legit way, so I seriously doubt we're looking at some plain tax or skimming scam. Nat/Adanthar, any hints?

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine if there were US based operations either now or in the past for Absolute.

A close scrutiny of the structure/books would be the nuclear winter Absolute doesn't want to face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably nothing...but I was watching the 2005 WSOP and they mentioned that Mark Seif "Went to Miami" for a couple of days before the main event.

Seems odd to leave the WSOP before the main event to hang out in Miami...I know that there has been some Southern Florida AP connections made in the past...
Old 10-22-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is interesting.

Someone with the username canaffco and with a pic saying canaffco.com is playing now.

Didnt the owner come on here and say he had nothing to do with AP? Im to lazy to find the post

[/ QUOTE ]

He has something to do with Vegas Poker 247 which is a skin of Absolute.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:45 PM

The PPA are all about making online poker legal in the US. Surely they have a vested interest in ensuring the integrity of the game to further that cause? I really think they need to take an active roll and not merely be observers.

Also if Doyle's Room and Poker Stars, (if the rumors are true), open their doors to US players, what's different now that has changed their minds on that particular stance?

I'm a low stakes player, so probably any money I've lost has been due to my own ineptitude, and not from someone cheating me. As such I'm not so much interested in seeing Absolute Poker fold, or anyone go to jail, (although I think they should), but I'm more interested in how this effects the industry as a whole.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just went to CardPlayer.COM: NO MENTION WHAT SO EVER OF THE AP SCANDAL! but there was a big "Absolute Poker Banner" with jackpot info on the front page. like i said 98% of poker players don't read forums and most of the ones that do don't care! they always figured online poker was rigged anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/art...ch-investigated
http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news...ecurity-breach
Old 10-22-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The tribal gaming deals that we structured in the 80's withstood scrutiny by state and federal courts up to and including the US Supreme Court. I seriously doubt that same could have withstood the scrutiny of the internets.
Strange...I thought that the internets provided anonymity.

gg
Old 10-22-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just want to highlight that there is no evidence - beyond an anonymous poster on an internet message board - that there was any wrong doing by AP in the car raffle and/or the charity popcorn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you are saying, but i'm not anonymous. I will stand behind the car lease fraud 100%. The person who told me about it is above reproach and telling the truth. I will happily bet lots of $$ that it is a fact.

Further on popcorngate, this person also said the proceeds made it back to Vancouver as it was in plain view in the office. Where it went after that, they didn't know.

Adam.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Mohawk Financial Services
Attn: Account Services
P.O. Box 2100
Kahnawake, Quebec J0L 1B0

... (snip) ...
Steve
Team Absolute ~ Deposit Center

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, they are in bed now, but this just shows how much influence Kahnawake has over AP if they choose to exercise it. Not only could they threaten to pull the plug on their servers, but they apparently could choke off one of AP's main financial conduits.

I don't think Joe Norton knew anything about the cheating at AP until a few weeks ago. No doubt he is furious that his name and KGC has been dragged into this. But so far he has calculated that his best response is to issue the statement and otherwise take no forceful action such as an immediate revocation of AP's license. The key is to change that calculation.

-pyg
Old 10-22-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is interesting.

Someone with the username canaffco and with a pic saying canaffco.com is playing now.

Didnt the owner come on here and say he had nothing to do with AP? Im to lazy to find the post

[/ QUOTE ]

He has something to do with Vegas Poker 247 which is a skin of Absolute.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is no longer involved with AP or VP24/7
I know for a fact his company does not support AP, UB or VP24/7.

It could be someone just bein funny.....
Closed Thread