Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Some help for my SSNL amigos. . .

Hi all,

I'm a bit new to this forum but would really appreciate if some of you could help me out.

This March I'm going to Vegas for Spring Break with a couple of my old college friends, and we're going to be playing a lot of small stakes NL - I've been out there before for an extended amount of time and am a winning player up to 2-5; however, my two friends going out for the trip are a little misguided in many aspects of the game.

Per the request of my friends I wanted to put together a small collection of SSNL hands from this forum which illustrate some of the most fundamental aspects of winning small stakes NL: pot control, playing draws IP vs. OOP, squeeze plays, when floating may be appropriate, etc. I think that this would help them tremendously; even just a couple of classic examples of these situations would help me out a lot.

I think that this would be more helpful than buying a book on the subject, since we get to hear a variety of opinions on a given situation in this forum; deciding which ones of these are the best choices is a great part of the learning process IMO.

So, if possible, please post any links to hands of this nature: anything you think would be helpful to SSNL players who are by no means new to the game, but need some help breaking old habits. We will be playing live for this trip also, so hands from live games may be of better help.

Much thanks ,

Brendan

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Some help for my SSNL amigos. . .

Have you checked the sticky threads at the top?

Great stuff there.