Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2006, 11:49 PM

Default Hollywood Poker Issues

I've been playing at Hollywood for the first time recently. In order to go after the obscene IPod nano bonus, I have been 5 tabling, which I normally don't do. Consistently every evening, 1 of my 5 tables will close without me X'ing it out. Due to a confluence of unfortunate events, I haven't been able to keep track of exactly how much I was up or down based on each table (problems with pokertracker as well).

Has this happened to anyone? And if so, are you confident that the money in play on the table that closes gets refunded to you?

Thanks for any input.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Hollywood Poker Issues

I've had that problem on my primary PC (on Holdem, not Hollywood). Table closes, and I can't reopen it, or open a new table, because the software thinks I still have the max number of windows open. It takes a close-and-restart of the client to get back to normal.

For some reason, tho, I've never had that problem on my secondary PC. Primary is a P4, secondary is an Athlon. For whatever reason, Ongame seems to use more CPU resources on the Intel chip than on the AMD. They really oughta hire a programmer or two to streamline their code.....

Oh, and I've tracked the money back into my account when a table disappears. No worries there.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:22 AM

When playing 8 tables I've had 1-3 close out of nowhere a few times. Probably better cuz I suck if I play more than a few tables.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:39 AM

these tables are very CPU resource intensive. Basically, the site decides your CPU cannot keep up and closes a table.
One way to make this better is to play on multiple skins through the java web client (which can only handle 4 tables at a time). Use PRFetch to get the hand histories.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:13 AM

I hae had the tables close randomely too, if you need to know how much you are up or down each session, right click on your name, select show statistics, it will put your stats over the chat windiw, you can move it if you want. You may want to setp PT so it can get hh's if you play a lot of hands there, make sure you have the beta version of PAHUD to display.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Use PRFetch to get the hand histories.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-30-2006, 09:48 AM

Thanks to all. Very helpful info.