Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 11:57 AM

Default iTunes Album Art Question

So I've been doing some searching and there seem to be a ton of tools available to aid iTunes in downloading album artwork. Most of my stuff automatically synched with iTunes, but there is still a lot that didn't. I was wondering if anyone had experience with these programs and which ones you'd recommend.

I'm basically just looking to add album art to the discs missing it, and replace some of the ones that iTunes inaccurately labeled. For some reason, when I try to clear them using iTunes nothing really happens.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: iTunes Album Art Question

Are you on a mac? If so, go to the download section on Apple.com and look in the iTunes + iPod section. I found Album Cover Finder 6 that way and am very happy with it, it automates the search process a lot. Before that I would just search Amazon for the album and copy stuff over.

If you're on Windows I got nothing.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:46 PM

the most typical thing that happens the mp3 you have does not have the updated IDv3 tags. These are basic tags that label the mp3's artist, track name, album, and even track number. If you use winamp as a mp3 player, you can see the tags there.

If you edit the tags to the correct artist/track, usually iTunes will find the album art.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:55 PM

http://www.amphonicdesigns.com/album...der/index.html
eh... haven't tested it personally... just found it, $11 to buy I think
Old 07-26-2007, 11:35 PM

Thanks for the help. I don't have a Mac yet, but within the next two weeks I am ordering a Macbook so I can deal with that then. In the meantime, I found this which works pretty well. It does a search on Amazon, chooses artwork, and applies it to all selected albums. It wasn't perfect, I just wish there was a program that let me choose an image for the rest that would apply it to several songs at once. The way iTunes is rigged you can do that, but manually for each song though.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:17 AM

On a Mac you can view your library in Album view where you can apply the album art to all the songs on the album. Sometimes they get borked up and you have to fiddle with "part of a something or other" to get them all together.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On a Mac you can view your library in Album view where you can apply the album art to all the songs on the album. Sometimes they get borked up and you have to fiddle with "part of a something or other" to get them all together.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can do this on Windows boxes, too, right? (I don't have one handy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

The "something or other" is probably "compilation".
Old 07-27-2007, 11:11 AM

that was the word that I couldn't come up with. I had already switched my music to my Mac before coverflow was a big deal. So I never played with it on Windows.