9 7 21.21%
10 11 33.33%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: The Rivalry

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Re: The South

You are good at producing hot sloots. Your weather is generally good.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're also pretty good at college football. 41-14.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whatever, without the North half the players on Florida's team wouldn't have been allowed to play. Oh yeah, history baby. Seriously, how long are you going to live off of one game? I mean we've talked about the Civil War for a long time, but come on...

And the bands are an interesting point I forgot about. Both OSU/Mich bands are huge, real loud, and very good. I think Herbstreit did some rankings earlier in the year and they were 1 and 2, but that's hardly unbiased.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who thinks that OSU and Michigan have it much easier b/c they're in the Big Ten? (I'm talking about now, don't bring history into this.) If they were in the SEC or Pac-10, they'd get annihilated and their rivalry would basically be that of Vandy vs Ole Miss. There, I said it.

[/ QUOTE ]

most overplayed, retarded argument ever.

big 10 is essentially .500 against the SEC in recent years, including 2-1 in bowl games last year (where your "depth" is supposed to shine).
Old 11-08-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Whatever, without the North half the players on Florida's team wouldn't have been allowed to play. Oh yeah, history baby. Seriously, how long are you going to live off of one game? I mean we've talked about the Civil War for a long time, but come on...

And the bands are an interesting point I forgot about. Both OSU/Mich bands are huge, real loud, and very good. I think Herbstreit did some rankings earlier in the year and they were 1 and 2, but that's hardly unbiased.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michigan's band was one of the best I've seen. Especially after seeing the jokes of bands Texas and U of Miami put up.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Whatever, without the North 95 % of the players on Florida's team wouldn't have been allowed to play. Oh yeah, history baby.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-08-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who thinks that OSU and Michigan have it much easier b/c they're in the Big Ten? (I'm talking about now, don't bring history into this.) If they were in the SEC or Pac-10, they'd get annihilated and their rivalry would basically be that of Vandy vs Ole Miss. There, I said it.

[/ QUOTE ]

big 10 is essentially .500 against the SEC in recent years, including 2-1 in bowl games last year (where your "depth" is supposed to shine).

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously bowl games are limited metric to use when rating conferences, but I get really annoyed at people who cite it in limited ways to favor their side. OMG your guyz beat our guyz in 1 game!!! Or looking at overall bowl record without considering the match-ups (such as when Conferences A's #3 is playing Con B's #2). Etc.

That reminds me of another reason to hate OSU: they, along with Indiana, really drag down the B10's record vs. the SEC. Thankfully Michigan has largely owned them over our history, although I'm not sure how balanced it's been (ie, playing Vandy OOC).
Old 11-08-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing is, if its OSU and Michigan vs the top teams of SEC and Pac-10, I'd think that the latter would win >60% of the matches imo. I mean Michigan is basically crap anyways and I would take Florida vs them any day of the week and twice on Sundays. OSU might put up a challenge but who knows based on the schedule they've played. This is all assuming an even playing field ofcourse.

BTW, I was specifically talking about OSU and Michigan so if you look at their records alone their 0-2. And correct me if I'm wrong but Penn State won against Tenn I believe, so 1-2. I don't remember the other Big 10 teams that played and frankly it doesn't even matter.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I was specifically talking about OSU and Michigan so if you look at their records alone their 0-2. And correct me if I'm wrong but Penn State won against Tenn I believe, so 1-2. I don't remember the other Big 10 teams that played and frankly it doesn't even matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wisconsin beat Arkansas.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be Wisconsin beating SEC West champ Arkansas. Are you talking about last year, this year, or in general? It'd be nice if you were coherent or made any kind of sense whatsoever so I could further evaluate your arguments, but sadly those elements are absent.

If you're talking about this year, the SEC is better. If we're going all-time (or over x years) I'd bet the SEC has an edge too in overall strength. I don't know that Michigan would be a dog though...they've done very very well against the SEC.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember the other Big 10 teams that played and frankly it doesn't even matter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, don't let facts or anything get in your way. Anyway, can you quit hijacking this thread and take it to the SEC fanboi spank-a-thon thread?
Old 11-08-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing is, if its OSU and Michigan vs the top teams of SEC and Pac-10, I'd think that the latter would win >60% of the matches imo. I mean Michigan is basically crap anyways and I would take Florida vs them any day of the week and twice on Sundays. OSU might put up a challenge but who knows based on the schedule they've played. This is all assuming an even playing field ofcourse.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you logically say that OSU/UM would be with the likes of Vandy/Ole Miss in the SEC, when last year, teams that UM/OSU thumped during the regular season, beat #2 and #3 SEC teams? You understnd why that makes no sense, at least i hope...

Not to say the SEC isn't good this year, but please everyone just stfu about how they are the only good college footall teams year-in, year-out...I am fairly certain OSU/UM would rise to the top of any major conference pretty quickly if they moved (as would teams like USC, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.)

Seriously, you basing everything off of watching one episode of College Gameday this year or something?