Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 09:41 AM

Default Re: the limp reraise

[ QUOTE ]

You're reading SSHE, which is cool. Take another look at the section where it discusses the different starting hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that you're all better than me, and I value your opinons, explanations and even the not-so-friendly attempts at telling me when I'm wrong.

I would hope to expect one thing in return.
That you at least try to understand my posts in a good sense. If you would bother to read the later posts, instead of just berating a snip of my first post, you would understand that I'm not talking about throwing this hand away, which you seem to imply.

I was humbly uttering my confusion as to whether the LRR was in fact more profitable than a Raise. I don't think that's a stupid and obvious question, so please don't treat me like I'm the biggest idiot in the world for asking it.

Dendrite gave me an answer to that, and I have no problem admitting that I might have been way off, but I would still like to understand the maths behind this, as I don't see it as an obvious EV+ move.

EDIT:
By "I'd hate to play KK OOP multiway" I obviously mean that I think it's difficult to play correct postflop. The fact that the OP was posted implies that I'm not the only one. I try to avoid difficult decisions postflop, because they might lose me more money than I would gain by putting myself in those situations.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:59 AM

I have tried and tried to understand why LRR and capping it 4 ways is better than just raising and hopefully getting re-raised and cutting it down to HU or 3-way. I really have, but two statements keep haunting me;

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like to play KK oop in a multiway pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Will the extra SBs you get from a few mediocre hands preflop make up for the times you pay off a bad hand that got lucky?

[/ QUOTE ]

And Stonescar, get used to some of the curt replies here. Don't let them get to you. Keep posting and working on your game. Just pay attention to content and ignore tone.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:04 AM

I was talking about pg 65... where it says that they do well multiway and short-handed.

In your defense, I looked it over and it does seem to imply that you're looking to hit a set with it multiway, which isn't quite true.

I thought that it said right in there that AA/KK make additional money with every single bet and every single opponent that enters the pot (on average).

--Dave.